Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

The two "drops" during the 2002 DCI finals by the Cavvie guard - but at least they got a perfect score..............

Two drops and a perfect score??? How does THAT happen?

Yep....that's what I want to know!!! :lol:

recovery and/or judge didn't see it

OK ILL SAY IT!

THE JUDGE WHO GAVE THEM A TEN, MARCHED IN THE CAVIES.......

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"1987" cadets only marched rifle for about 64 counts of the entire show without one toss, the gun never left their hands....until the last hit of the song. I think it was a triple....at one show we gasped as the 10 rifles ran to the front side line to do their one toss......all the guns landed in the PIT! next show the toss was gone,,,,they did a flip with the strap and held up the weapon on the last beat......

Edited by Cop

There are quite a few tosses in the Cadets show in 1997, at least at finals. How early on in the season was that?

chris

I bet he meant to say 87 -- not 97.

I'm thinking you're right. As much as I love the '87 show, the guard was the weak link. (I've always wondered if that was a direct consequence of having marched practically no guard the year before.) That entire rifle sequence was mostly strap work. Inventive, but it also revealed an inherent weakness in the rifle line; it was obvious they couldn't let go of their equipment. Which made me wonder about the wisdom of having a rifle line. I mean, if they can't toss, then why have them in there at all? If you have to have a separate section, then why not go the route Santa Clara had already gone and put them on some other prop? Another thing that happened the way it happened, so what's the point of questioning it now? Just how my brain works, I guess.

OMG! I'm only off by "10" years....it was 87 not 97 (old age). I'll go back and fix that post...... Thank you chris

Edited by Cop

I'm thinking you're right. As much as I love the '87 show, the guard was the weak link. (I've always wondered if that was a direct consequence of having marched practically no guard the year before.) That entire rifle sequence was mostly strap work. Inventive, but it also revealed an inherent weakness in the rifle line; it was obvious they couldn't let go of their equipment. Which made me wonder about the wisdom of having a rifle line. I mean, if they can't toss, then why have them in there at all? If you have to have a separate section, then why not go the route Santa Clara had already gone and put them on some other prop? Another thing that happened the way it happened, so what's the point of questioning it now? Just how my brain works, I guess.

I WILL ADD: not a strong guard and in todays world the guard would have kept them from winning......

That said, 87 is still one of my all time favorite Cadets show, the guard did help sell the show, and one of the best COSTUMES ever put on the field. (lucky they did't give the guard a score back then).

The Frack.

The Frack.

The Frack.

Let's see................um, "The Frackâ„¢"??

I think I'm probably the only person on DCP these days that was actually ON THE FIELD during "The Frack"

Words cannot express the surreal nightmare of that experience, although by now it's become a bittersweet humorous recollection....................no point in crying about it now LOL

It has to be BD '89, i still kinda cringe hearing that one. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the same guy have a solo in the next song??

Yes, and he cracked at LEAST three times during that solo too he was sooo freaked out.