DCI major announcement?

What I'd like to see: A deal with Dish Network or DirecTV to offer a pay-per-view option for watching finals.

There is a small chance it might be: a couple of the TOC corps will be performing in Asia next year in order to help build support for the growing movement of marching arts there.

What it probably is: another fundraiser.

The thing about PPV is it's extremely expensive. Another sport I happen to watch had their finals on PPV for 3 years and all 3 years they either struggled to break even or even lost a great deal of money, just because of having it aired on PPV.

[quote name='pbeau' timestamp='1374956987' post='3295101']
Starting 2014 the top three corps will be tested for "Performance enhancing" drugs or equipment.
[/quote]

In all honesty, what drugs would be considered "bad"?

[quote name='camel lips' timestamp='1374969810' post='3295245']
Blue Devils 2014 production???Yowza Yowza Yowza Part Deuce !!!!!! :w00t:/> :w00t:/> :w00t:/> :w00t:/>
[/quote]

You joke, but you know what show gets constant rotation on my phone? BD 2005. #### that hornline could play!

How can you even reference Frank Zappa and allow it to be used in the same sentence with the BD.

WHAT?

Frank Loved the Blue Devils! He bragged to Ed Mann who is a friend of mine that they were playing Enchinda's Arf in 87. i am trying to get Ed to come do a clinic with our high school. He said he really wants to write for a drum corps.

Scouts make it official...they are leaving DCI to start a new old school circuit. Roman Belenski and Scotty McRoberts are co-executive ambassadors.

Edited by panama303

DCI apologizes to Cadets for the crappy sound on Fan Network last night.

(they were really really good last night...i thought they won)

If memory serves, they hyped a "Major Announcement" last year too, and it was just a Crown vs. Cadets fundraising challenge or some such. I imagine this would be along the same lines.

wasn't it the kid with the song performing in Indy?

Am I the only one who loved the Dance Marathon show? I thought it was genius!

I like it a lot too! The brass is freaking phenomenal.