DCI major announcement?

Just saw on twitter that DCI will have a "major announcement" in Atlanta. Any ideas, rumors or guesses what it could be?

I'm guessing it will be something that doesn't turn out to be major. Something involving that Soundsport and Drumline Battle, but they want everyone to think it's a big announcement. Drum up interest and what not.

Or they'll reveal where they're going for Finals after Indy is done. (Come on, California. :satisfied: )

• Like 8

Since the announcement is in Atlanta I'm hoping for Finals in the ATL. They will begin construction on a new retractable-roof stadium soon.

• Like 2

According to Wikipedia Indy is not holding the championships in 2014. It says all other years through 2018. I didn't know that. I guess that it could be where finals are being held next year. If so my guess is Atlanta (why else announce it there.) It would keep the current schedule relatively close and Atlanta does have the facilities.

It seems to early to announce for 2019.

Edited by mountaineers97
  • Like 1

According to Wikipedia Indy is not holding the championships in 2014. It says all other years through 2018. I didn't know that. I guess that it could be where finals are being held next year. If so my guess is Atlanta (why else announce it there.) It would keep the current schedule relatively close and Atlanta does have the facilities.

It seems to early to announce for 2019.

While that would be incredible financially for me (I'm getting married next year and hoping my new bride and I can go together next year), I don't think that's what it is. The problem with DCI being at LOS in 2014 is no longer an issue. They will be at LOS next year from what I've heard. That's what Michael Boo said a long time ago.