DCI major announcement?

$69 seems a bit extreme. As much as a pretty good ticket to the actual event.

I don't know. Seems pretty fair. I mean what do you pay for a Pay Per view fight that last what??? Sometimes less than 60 seconds??? $50 to $100 bucks????

When you factor in gas,food,hotel and other travel expenses to get to finals $69 bucks looks like a bargain.

Pardo me...but anyone who sees this as a negative...step away from the crack pipe.This is fabulous news and long overdue.Webcast users will get access that those of us on the stands won't get..this is a friggin steal, 69 bucks is a lousy ticket in the oil can. Now you get multi cam and other views.The whining I've read is so asinine is unbelievable.Time to get off of your high horse before you break a leg.

• Like 9

Agreed. $49 is pretty steep, especially considering that the Quarters cinecast is something under $20 and semis are included with the FN subscription. But my real issue is the reliability of the feed. I've gotten the "Video is currently unavailable" error message at least once during each live event I've watched this year. Twice (so far) today. If I felt the feed were secure, perhaps I'd consider shelling out the bucks and inviting friends over for a viewing party, as I've done for other PPV sporting events over the years.

$69 seems a bit extreme. As much as a pretty good ticket to the actual event.

Edited by Phillygwm

I don't know. Seems pretty fair. I mean what do you pay for a Pay Per view fight that last what??? Sometimes less than 60 seconds??? $50 to $100 bucks????

When you factor in gas,food,hotel and other travel expenses to get to finals $69 bucks looks like a bargain.

I dont pay for that either.

This is more of the same from DCI. Charge high prices for small volume instead of increasing volume (and exposure) at a more general-audience friendly price. Same thing they do with the DVDs (a model they try so hard to keep going at the cost of losing a LOT of exposure value on platforms like youtube) The only 'big news' here is they should have done this years ago.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

Meh. As someone who doesn't have the money to pay for a regular Fan Network subscription, $70 just to watch one show is absurd. Especially given all the issues that everyone seems to be having with the FN broadcasts this year

Really because hotel and tickets alone cost me nearly A grand for 4 nights. This is stellar, you don't understand value.

• Like 1

Dan Potter announced that it is a live webcast of Finals.

So much for exciting or big news.

That is great news. Not sure what YOU were expecting??

they just mentioned this again on the FN broadcast

emphasis on the word MAJOR announcement

I bet it's finals broadcast live on internet - just a hunch :thumbup:/>

I'm not sayin' - I'm just saying!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Really because hotel and tickets alone cost me nearly A grand for 4 nights. This is stellar, you don't understand value.

kind of an asinine comparison.

It would cost several grand for me to go to the superbowl too, but i sure as hell am not paying $50 to watch it

• Like 2