Allentown 2013

Exactly! The content hurts them big time.

So, let's clarify. It's not their content that hurts them; their content is perfect for their show, IMO.

It's that the content doesn't follow the typical script of packing as many notes as possible into every single measure, and ending every single phrase with slams.

It's not that Crown's content isn't appropriate to their horn book, it's that it doesn't follow the recent, boring, ridiculous template judged best by the wizards of smart.

Hannum's book is perfect for E=MC2, and the MM's are playing the crap out of it.

Exposure, done well, is even more attractive than measure-packing and slams, IMO.

• Like 8

I have this feeling Boston is going to pull into 7th.

That would be great with me and so unexpected based on early season scoring. Must be the lobster power!

• Like 2

What was the spread this time last year between BD and CC? From my read .2ths is anyone's right now. Someone had to win last night and I think I would rather be sitting in CC shoes right now than BD's. I think it's easier to be the one on someone's back than being the one who is trying to hold on.

What was the spread this time last year between BD and CC? From my read .2ths is anyone's right now. Someone had to win last night and I think I would rather be sitting in CC shoes right now than BD's. I think it's easier to be the one on someone's back than being the one who is trying to hold on.

Not sure that BD is 'trying to hold on' at this point.....seems like they (like CC) are aiming for consistency, energy and sanitary execution since comparing their shows is akin to apples vs kumquats. I think it is great that we have a number of excellent and creative shows this year, and it's also very cool that CC is bringing some of the Paul Lovatt-Cooper music to the table this year.

Edited by brichtimp

The spread last year was over a point:

BD 95.10

CC 93.95

I think it's fair to say it's anyones game at this point.

That would be great with me and so unexpected based on early season scoring. Must be the lobster power!

Yes, I noticed that when Boston arrived in Lawrence, Ma. for their show there on Thursday, they were treated with Maine lobsters with melted butter, clam chowder, baked potoato wrapped in tin foil, corn on the cob, etc ( Pics on their website ). Lobster Power ! ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

A month ago, I would've agreed with you.

I have no dog in this hunt, but I believe that Carolina Crown eks out a win over the Blue Devils on Finals Night. Dats my story and I'm ssssstickin' to it.

If you don't want to read about Crown's new ending stop reading here!

I don't know exactly how new it is but it definitely wasn't in the show in Atlanta.

They've added two more large circular objects to the field (with the same thematic E=mc^2 writing that you see on the drums, etc.) that are big enough to fit people inside. In the old ending the character who played the male lover ran across the field to the woman. Now he goes into one of the circles on the left side of the field and then simultaneously comes out of one on the right side of the field, as if traveling through some kind of worm hole.

A wormhole, also known as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge is a hypothetical topological feature of spacetime that would be, fundamentally, a "shortcut" through spacetime. For a simple visual explanation of a wormhole, consider spacetime visualized as a two-dimensional (2D) surface. If this surface is folded along a third dimension, it allows one to picture a wormhole "bridge". (Please note, though, that this is merely a visualization displayed to convey an essentially unvisualisable structure existing in 4 or more dimensions. The parts of the wormhole could be higher-dimensional analogues for the parts of the curved 2D surface; for example, instead of mouths which are circular holes in a 2D plane, a real wormhole's mouths could be spheres in 3D space.) A wormhole is, in theory, much like a tunnel with two ends each in separate points in spacetime.

An example of a (traversable) wormhole metric is the following:

ds2 = -dt2+dl2+ (k2+l2) (dØ2 + sin2 Ø dØ2)

End Transmission

:tongue:

• Like 1