So - Indy - best beer joints?

Slipery Noodle. Great if you smoke - because you can!

Edited by AlanAndreasen

Slippery Noodle is a cool place, and of historical significance, too! Look for the bullet holes in the walls. I don't know anything about the craft beer offerings. I'm a gin man. But, I did stumble out of there a few times, and that has to count for something!

RAM is real good.

George...if you fancy an Irish Pub, the Claddagh (sp) near the Omni is a great spot. I went there lots of times last year and will again for an Ice cold Harp.

I love Irish Pubs - I'm IRISH after all!! Thanks for the suggestion :)

The Palomino is where you'll find all Cadets of all ages in Indy during finals week. The official party is Friday afternoon, but as per a phone call I received today there are Cadet Alumni there already (all are welcome, corps affiliation doesn't matter). Great place, managed by a Bluecoat alumn, and he goes all out to welcome The Cadet crowd every year. Great bar and excellent restaurant, both with reasonable prices.

• Like 1

Basey's. The waitresses can be kinda moody, probably because of all the drum corps nerds there. But there are tons of drum corps nerds there.

EDIT: Lots of Crown people IIRC.

Edited by mellodramatic
  • Like 1

St Elmo's is a great choice, be prepared to spend some money.

easily the best steak place in town, and the sauce with the shrimp cocktail will open your sinuses for a week

Brugge Brasserie, Flat12 Bierwerks, Fountain Square Brewery, Indiana City Brewing Company, Sun King Brewing Company, The Ram - Indianapolis, Thr3e Wise Men Brewery, Triton Brewing Company, Bier Brewery, and Black Acre Brewing and Taproom are all good local breweries. Most have tastings/taprooms.

http://www.brewersofindianaguild.com/breweries

That site gives more info and phone numbers/websites to get in contact with the breweries.

Have fun during finals!