Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Thing I learned tonight I hadn't expected to learn, DCP has no clue what constitutes trolling.

• Like 3

Just a quibble but the phrase is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less." Saying "I could care less" makes no sense because it means you actually do care.tongue.gif

Thank you!!!!!!!! It seems as though everyone gets this wrong. I was beginning to second guess myself. Thanks for the quibble! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Visually--yes. Color Guard--this is the best they've been in a long time. In fact..no way is this a 12 place guard. They are much better than 12 place.

Well, at least Torchia had them up to 10th in Guard tonight. Hopefully they'll climb up even higher

for Finals! Go Scouts....Lock and Load one more time! thumbup.gif

CC's guard is soooo much more exposed than BD's guard. Much harder show, AND they pulled it off. I'm not seeing how they scored BD over CC -- can someone explain this to a non-guard viewer? thanks!

• Like 2

Tonight's results and the ensuing reaction by BD fans made me remember when NEO stopped the bullet and the matrix fell apart, and the agents just looked at each other in utter confusion. :)

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

By your analysis only the last corps performing could receive a perfect score! How is THAT good judging??

There is no such thing as a "perfect score". Only a "max sore". Giving any corps before the last one a max score is really hard to do. You're basically saying, "this corps has maxed out the sheet, and the best any other corps can do is toe them". It's dangerous thinking, especially when dealing with corps like we have now.

CC's guard is soooo much more exposed than BD's guard. Much harder show, AND they pulled it off. I'm not seeing how they scored BD over CC -- can someone explain this to a non-guard viewer? thanks!

BD's program is almost as difficult, but the difficulty is way harder to appreciate? And it's cleaner anyway?

Well, according to some, the only reason was because a certain Debbie Torchia was at the helm judging tonight, but... it does match up with Prelims. Guard is an even more foreign concept to me than drums, so I'm nothing short of Joe the Plumber when it comes to judging it.

There is NO REASON that Crowns percussion belongs anywhere within a .4 + gap of SCV.

I am all for Crown winning it all, I have liked them over BD all year.

Their percussion is no where near the same level, especially when dropping sticks.

.2 behind SCV my foot.

From 7th place to 4th place and a almost a full point jump in one night. On one of their worst performances.

OK,

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 3

Was at the show

Very surprised by Crown's win. / personally had BD by about a point

The percussion gap seemed odd, Crown didn't seem to have a good outing at all yet improved?

Not sure I agree

Tonight should be interesting

• Like 2

You guys do realize that you aren't seeing or hearing at all what the percussion judge is, right? It's one thing to quibble with the scores that come from the box, but I wouldn't be so quick to correct the guys on the field.

I agree that Crown's percussion score is out of its normal position, but based on the rest of the judges' scores, it certainly seems like Crown had a great performance overall. And since the percussion score didn't actually change the outcome, I don't really see how it's all that relevant. It will likely go back to the usual one point spread tomorrow and you can all sleep soundly.

• Like 1