Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Yeah not much play but a good matchup exists going into tonight between Spirit/Blue Stars.... Madison/BAC/BK......Phantom/Bloo...... And SCV/Cadets. To me that's as exciting to see than BD/Crown..., Sure. I love Crown n want them to win but there's some sweet drum corps being ignored with interesting competition going into tonight!!! Fun. Very Fun

• Like 1

1 10 and 10 9.9's with a corps to go...and that joke percussion score. BD had little chance unless they were perfect

yea... this is weird to me. They basically judged BD's show before they even saw it, by leaving no room ahead of Crown in a bunch of the captions.

Tonight, if BD going 2nd to last holds their scores down in their strengths, then Crown will get loads of perfect captions, and the gap has the POTENTIAL to be huge.

Or, the judges could throw BD some really high numbers that don't leave room for Crown. That is probably what it will take for BD to win.

Edited by soccerguy315

Just a quibble but the phrase is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less." Saying "I could care less" makes no sense because it means you actually do care.tongue.gif

My other favorite is "I didn't do nothin'".....so apparently, you did something.

Does anyone know why SCVC got a 0.5 point penalty in Semis?

Wow. I must be behind the times. Didn't even know there was a tie breaker rule. Glad they changed it back. Two winners is never a bad thing in my eyes.

I believe that the audience chanted "No more ties" after the third championship tie in five years was announced in 2000.

yea... this is weird to me. They basically judged BD's show before they even saw it, by leaving no room ahead of Crown in a bunch of the captions.

Tonight, if BD going 2nd to last holds their scores down in their strengths, then Crown will get loads of perfect captions, and the gap has the POTENTIAL to be huge.

Or, the judges could throw BD some really high numbers that don't leave room for Crown. That is probably what it will take for BD to win.

There were also 99s thrown in at BD's show, and Cadets as well. I think it just meant that those sub-captions were locked up, but a corps could come out absolutely on fire and knock out a 100. It's a tiny gap, but it's possible. BD had two 99s in GE visual, and in Guard, and one in percussion. Just means the judge thought they were that much better than the lines before them. They could get 99s again tonight, or even the odd 100. Just means the they'll take those sub-captions, while Crown will take other ones. It's not like Crown won captions it hasn't been winning most of the year.

ONE thing is for sure.

there's either going to be a phantom-2008 style celebration in the stands when the silver medal is announced--- OR

there's going to be some of the loudest booing we've ever heard (i'm not in support of this and do not boo myself-- i'm just saying-- the energy around Crown winning is pretty big right now and people who are present may find a way to express that energy negatively if Crown comes in 2nd...)

I'm sure there will be some good documenting in the stands with the smartphones, etc. my video from 2008 of the silver medal being announced as BD is still something that brings a smile to my face-- and lots of hits to my youtoobs.

ONE thing is for sure.

there's either going to be a phantom-2008 style celebration in the stands when the silver medal is announced--- OR

there's going to be some of the loudest booing we've ever heard (i'm not in support of this and do not boo myself-- i'm just saying-- the energy around Crown winning is pretty big right now and people who are present may find a way to express that energy negatively if Crown comes in 2nd...)

I'm sure there will be some good documenting in the stands with the smartphones, etc. my video from 2008 of the silver medal being announced as BD is still something that brings a smile to my face-- and lots of hits to my youtoobs.

I loved BD's show that year, but the reaction when they were announced second is probably one of the best I have ever Heard, And I love watching your video of the reaction, because its just insane.

How did Crown jump three places in percussion - against the same corps - in one night? Even if they had a completely clean run - and they didn't - then how is this even possible?

So are you saying that it should not be possible for a corps to jump three places in a caption, even if they "had a completely clean run"?

So are you saying that it should not be possible for a corps to jump three places in a caption, even if they "had a completely clean run"?

Was thinking the same thing....