What would YOU like to see from each corps next season?

Blue Devils: Since they like to claim they push the artistic direction of the activity (a concept I find a little silly since 99% of all drum corps music is a repackaging of someone else's art), I dare them to do an entire show with completely original music. I'd like to see what kind of "art" they can come up with on their own.

Stop giving them ideas!

This. Just pick some kick ### music, and keep up the kick ### drill. Oh, and unplug the thunderous goo machine, please. Pretty, pretty please. With sugar on top.

Phantom: You don't have to kill someone every year. I'm serious. You don't. Just give us some great classical music with some great drill, and don't just re-hash the same show again.

I completely agree with the above quotes. It's time for them to take classical into a new age. Literal storytelling needs to go by the wayside. Pick a theme, idea, emotion and develop it across the length of the show. Connect with the audience through the story the music tells. '89, '91, '93, '95, '96, & '03 weren't bad years at all. No characters required.

And btw, whoever thought up the ####### ######## prancercises this year needs to be caned in public. Stop that stupid ####.

I completely agree with the above quotes. It's time for them to take classical into a new age. Literal storytelling needs to go by the wayside. Pick a theme, idea, emotion and develop it across the length of the show. Connect with the audience through the story the music tells. '89, '91, '93, '95, '96, & '03 weren't bad years at all. No characters required.

And btw, whoever thought up the ####### ######## prancercises this year needs to be caned in public. Stop that stupid ####.

You mean, this?

Oddly enough, I've noticed more recently that the pants of corps uniforms and naturally, guard unis, seem to really be hitched up high and reveal way too much--just like in that video above. Why do they design the unis like that? ::shudder::

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 1

You mean, this?

Oddly enough, I've noticed more recently that the pants of corps uniforms and naturally, guard unis, seem to really be hitched up high and reveal way too much--just like in that video above. Why do they design the unis like that? ::shudder::

After seeing the pics of Crown that FJM put up on the company's FB page, asking "how's it hanging?" is kinda moot.

Edited by chaos001

Cadets have proven they can do dark early 20th century classical well. How about Hindemith's Symphony in Bb next year?

I want to see Phantom do a Mozart show, perhaps a single opera like Magic Flute or Don Giovanni.

I want Crown to amp up its percussion line, really feature them next year, and repeat their win but without any vocals (I love the vocals this year, but I usually hate them).

I appreciate that Bluecoats cleansed their palate so to speak with the design of this year's show. Now, come up with something as amazing as 2010!

I want SCV to continue with this kind of show, not sure what material to use but please don't try to repeat Phantom of the Opera. And if there are actually judges out there who slam on Broadway shows as source material and say they should never win, those judges should be fired.

I want to see Troopers in finals. And not just barely, I want them in 9th or 10th!

• Like 1

Crown- im not sure what else i could want from them next year. Brilliant show this year. Just keep doin what you do.

BD. I would like to see a straight up jazz show with no props and no micd solos. Is that so hard?

Cadets. It seems roughly every other year cadets come out with a serious show. Toy souldier-angels and demons-12.25-side by side. So next year.... idk. Something silly but not annoying.

SCV i "get" that this is the 25th anniversary of arguably the greatest show of all time. I wont be upset watching a phantom themed show... but id rather see this squad return a lot of members and be given a book that can really challenge the top tier. They wouldve beaten cadets with ease with a better music score. They did as much as they could with miz musically.

Thats it for now.

Blue Devils - I would like some of that late 80s - early 90s jazz programming, but still put the modern twist on it.

Crown - I want a show more like 2007-2010 again. Those years are my favorites for Crown.

SCV - I want a show more like 99 from these guys.

Cadets - I like the direction this year, and I want more of it.

Spirit - I want an entire show of Gershwin. I don't care what pieces either.

Phantom - Less story, more music.

Madison - I want some Latin again.

Bluecoats - The mid to late 00s programming should make a return.

Troopers - Keep doing what you did this year.

• Like 1

Crown: Keep opening us up to new music. Loved the music from Bertrand Moren and Paul Lovatt-Cooper. Do more of that, please

Cadets and BD: Get rid of the props that clutter the field.

In general: More jazz shows.