Recommend shows that have never been done!

Yesterday afternoon I was driving and there was a radio broadcast from Tanglewood of Beethoven's Ninth performed by the BSO which made me think it would be great to have a show based on this work, and not just the 4th movement. My choice would be Phantom even though Glassmen did have a great Beethoven themed show. Phantom has the ability to tackle an entire symphony. In 1977 Phantom performed New World Symphony and revisited it again in ne of there most enduring shows in 1989. In 1977 and 1978 they closed with Beethoven's 9th. I'd love to see them base a show on the entire symphony as they did with New World. If Beethoven's 9th is too ominous, Saint Sean's Symphony #3 has more than just a great final movement.

Pink Floyd.

Or, I'd love to see someone do more of Bernard Hermann's music. He did more than North by Northwest. Would be cool to see someone do an entire Hitchcock show with his music

Or, I'd love to see someone do more of Bernard Hermann's music. He did more than North by Northwest. Would be cool to see someone do an entire Hitchcock show with his music

And there's more to North by Northwest than the Overture. Conversation Piece is wonderful.

I feel the only movements that might be problematic from a movement standpoint are #3 Rufford Park Poachers and #5 Lord Melbourne. Lord Melbourne could actually be convincingly "faked".

Crown is the only corps I would like to see do this from a brass standpoint but SCV would bring the visuals.

Well Crown has been delving into the work of a lot of English composers recently so I'll still hold hope that one day at least someone will play it

Well Crown has been delving into the work of a lot of English composers recently so I'll still hold hope that one day at least someone will play it

Maybe Blue Knights? They did an entire show based on English composers recently.

Yesterday afternoon I was driving and there was a radio broadcast from Tanglewood of Beethoven's Ninth performed by the BSO which made me think it would be great to have a show based on this work, and not just the 4th movement. My choice would be Phantom even though Glassmen did have a great Beethoven themed show. Phantom has the ability to tackle an entire symphony. In 1977 Phantom performed New World Symphony and revisited it again in ne of there most enduring shows in 1989. In 1977 and 1978 they closed with Beethoven's 9th. I'd love to see them base a show on the entire symphony as they did with New World. If Beethoven's 9th is too ominous, Saint Sean's Symphony #3 has more than just a great final movement.

I'd love to see a show based on a single symphony. For Beethoven, I'd go with the Sixth, because it's familiar but not as familiar as the Ninth, and because it's shorter you could have a better chance of fitting in all of the themes.

1377568097[/url]' post='3318033']

haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate...

Lol...I'm not hating, I just can't seem to get away from the piece (between hearing high schools do it and drum corps)!

The Saint Saen Symphony #3 (AKA the "Organ" Symphony...also AKA a theme from the film "Babe") was played by Regiment in 1990 (and I think before that). That show is one of my own all-time favorites.

The Music from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The show is as out there as it gets, its topical, has great music, and lots of shock value. ' Talk about " Change", this has it in spades, and no need to incorporate any rifles, sabres, or any other implements of War into the show either.

The Guard costumes and their make up alone, would be a hoot too, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1