Recommend shows that have never been done!

Still waiting for a top 6 corps to do Gladiator.

The film Cloud Atlas has some fantastic music that would translate to the field well.

There's a brass-heavy section in the middle of the first track "Barbarian Horde" that is just perfect for drum corps. Hard to believe noone in the top 12 has done it yet.

• Like 1

Sibelius show. Dead serious about that.

I've been begging for this for some time. Night Ride and Sunrise, Symphony 1, Symphony 5. Andante Festivo is an absolute must. This or the hymn from Finlandia could be PR's next great ballad.

• Like 3

Now that synth is so prevalent an ingrained, we could finally have a Harold Faltermeyer themed show, featuring such hits as Axel F, the Top Gun theme and Fketch soundtrack. (I'm not sure the horn line would do-- dance, I guess...)

Now that synth is so prevalent an ingrained, we could finally have a Harold Faltermeyer themed show, featuring such hits as Axel F, the Top Gun theme and Fketch soundtrack. (I'm not sure the horn line would do-- dance, I guess...)

Only if Velvet Knights were still around... ROFL

my requests:

Crossmen - tribute to bob brookmeyer (passed away 2011)... the album 'spirit music' would make fantastic source music for an uplifting, groovy, crossmen-esque show. especially the track titled 'Happy Song'

phantom or scv - sibelius symphonys. numbers 2 and 7 come to mind... these would be challenging because sibelius is all about the development, but if arranged/paced correctly it could make for a great show a la vanguard 2009 where they save the power for the end.

devs - a few charts from the UNT One O'clock lab bands repertoire. Loud, fast, technical, off the wall jazz that has yet to be attempted on the field. a few current charts which come to mind that have plenty of non-solo sections are: ice nine, foe detroyer, new cydonia

madison - afro beat. Futi has already been mentioned. a current afrobeat band called EMEFE has some killer jams that i can see madison doing well.

keep in mind that i favor the 80/90s approach to corps... cool music + cool drill = cool show. im fairly worn out on the 'concept' approach.

Only if Velvet Knights were still around... ROFL

I know! That would be epic. I've already imagined how much fun they would've had with all this electronic stuff. The possibilities are endless. (Pulled plugs, cross feeds, you name it.)

Completely agree with the suggestion of video game music. I thought Madison had success with their arrangements this past season. I'd really like to see music from some of the franchises of video games though--it'd be cool to hear them in DCI (they'd have to be really arranged well though for it to work).

Also, I would LOVE to see Ocean by John Butler be worked into a show...I enjoy seeing how arrangements turn out from guitar/piano solos. And that piece is just so awesome.

Totally agreed. There is a lot of VGM that would translate very well to drum corps, although I'm not sure how it would be perceived by the judges.

Final Fantasy, Zelda and Castlevania all have huge backlogs of music to draw from.

The thing is, I'm all for using final fantasy music, but I don't want to see a show based on the final fantasy stories. And I think that's very doable