Recommend shows that have never been done!

Somebody needs to do some prog rock! Genesis, ELP, and Rush would be great choices.

Tarkus by ELP:

http://youtu.be/YJINce7l3P4?t=19m17s

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight- Genesis

Supper's Ready- Genesis

BDB did an entire show of ELP songs in 2007. It was awesome!

• Like 1

The thing is, I'm all for using final fantasy music, but I don't want to see a show based on the final fantasy stories. And I think that's very doable

Yeah, someone running around the field dressed as Cloud, for example, would get into cringe territory pretty quickly. I think it would suffice to use the visual elements of the show to express the emotions and intent of the music. Something a little more subtle would be acceptable though, like a spinning triforce drill formation. Imagining Guard-Cloud trying to spin a mock up of the buster sword is a pretty funny mental image though.

BDB did an entire show of ELP songs in 2007. It was awesome!

I'm watching the show now and it's really cool!

I am still convinced that it's possible to arrange some Final Fantasy music into a good show.

...I realize Blue Stars did this in 2006 (or was in 2007? I can't remember), but I don't think they did a very good job (both arraigning and performance wise) . I think it would suit Phantom Regiment well.

Music from final fantasy actually has been done twice quite successfully IMO in the marching band world. Check out Westfield 2004 "The game within", all final fantasy, and Westfield 2005 "wake from your sleep", one Eric Whitacre piece and the rest is all final fantasy.

Still waiting for Phantom to take on Prokofiev's score to Alexander Nevsky... :ph34r:/>

Mike

YES!!!!!!

Another great work for PR to consider would be Carl Nielsen Symphony No 4 "The Inextinguishable". Nielsen's 5th symphony also has a wonderful sequence where a solo snare drum battles the entire orchestra... think of the drum corps possibilities.

• Like 1