What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

Thats because you never stated above at all that the Percussion judge is judging the proficiency, execution abilities, technigue, tone quality, fingering, etc, of the Guitar instrument playing by the Rock Guitarist in DCI competition. You just made that up here now. If you reread your comments above.. without a rewrite now of those comments by you, one will clearly notice tht never mentioned the " percussion judge " involvement at all. ( oh well, as you correctly stated, it is what it is )

I said that the effect areas of both music captions would cover this as well as overall effect. AS it was explained to me by many staff, it is not judged the same as of now like the horns or drums. if a guitar quality is hindering or adding thats where the mention comes in. Ive had mention of this stuff even on GE and guard tapes( relating to visuals ) If I did leave something out in my comments I thought Jeff explained it well also, so sorry if I did.. I really don't make up anything here ( no time for it, to busy with the real world and, there's enough of made up and make believe land at times and thats disturbing enough.....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

NO I do not see ( lets say a guitar used time to time in a show) when there is 1 of them it falls more under effect and technically or effect wise how it fits , how it adds to or takes away from etc etc.....................

Again, your position is at odds with others on here ( which is fine ), who are clearly stating that in their opinion, it is the percussion judge that is judging the technical performance abilities of the guitar instrument playing by this musician in performance. You never mentioned here at all that it is in the percussion judge domain to judge the proficiency ( not its " effect "), but you shamelessly took credit for indentifying the percussion judge involvement and criticised posters like me who could not accept your answer.( which we find out, was not only incomplete, it was inaccurate as well ).

Edited by BRASSO

Again, your position is at odds with others on here ( which is fine ), who are clearly stating that in their opinion, it is the percussion judge that is judging the technical performance abilities of the guitar instrument playing by this musician in performance. Yo8u never mentioned here at all that it is in the percussion judge domain to judge the proficiency ( not its " effect "), but you shamelessly took credit for indentifying the percussion judge involvement and stated posters like me could not accept your answer.( which we find out, was both incomplete as well as inaccurate ).

Shameless? lol.....must be my turn.....personally I could care less how its judged or even if it has any technical merit so credit I dont need. and didnt state poster like you, I actually meant you who didnt want to hear an answer BUT I remember jeff also saying the same BUT as I said it must be my turn...lol

I also stated that I have heard these extra things ( for lack of a better word on GE visual sheets and talked about BUT you like to pick apart and comment on 1 segment of a post ) but thats fine not a big deal at all. So I guess either way you got your answer so we can move on?

Edited by GUARDLING

there have been answers, just not what you are looking for.

No.. thats not accurate either. I accepted the input by those that stated that it is the percussion judge that principally judges the proficiency of the Rock Guitarist technical performance. I did not accept YOUR answer to my question, as frankly it is wrong.

Edited by BRASSO

No.. thats not accurate either. I accepted the input by those that stated that it is the percussion judge that principally judges the proficiency of the Rock Guitarist technical performance. I did not accept YOUR answer to my question, as it wrong.

fine then you can move on...lol...we can just forget the other captions that comment on it......no big deal..you felt the need to re post that I did say some dont want the answers yet you didnt post that jeff said it also...he's going to be hurt ...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

In judging a performance caption on the field..."balance" is NOT something you would EVER evaluate.

I don't get this, Mike.

Why is balance not considered when judging a performance caption?

Maybe I don't understand your use of the word "balance".

.....personally I could care less how its judged

Fine, but then here is a suggestion for you: don't answer a question that does not interest you, and better yet, one that you don't know the answer too, but give the wrong answer to the question anyway, and then have the temerity to be critical of others who don't accept without reservation the wrong information that you gave them.

Edited by BRASSO

Fine, but then here is a suggestion for you: don't answer a question that does not interest you, and better yet, one that you don't know the answer too, but give the wrong answer to the question anyway and then have the temerity to be critical of others others who don't like the wrong information that you gave them.

well lthen you wouldnt be posting much either then would you............as another said it just get worse . how about then dont answer me Jeff or anyone else who actually might be close to the situation instead of behind a computer ( nothing to do with others I respect that have posted their view on thesubject of 1guitar). You dont like answers so then move on. If you got what youre looking for then fine....as well move on

Thanks for the the interaction: actually lately I have enjoyed a few of your posts. IMO and some others I do believe you will see less and less technical in the distant future.

Jeff: my turn....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

. You dont like answers so then move on.

I think it goes without saying that if you don't like what is posted on here, you can " move on ". Naturally, this applies to everyone on DCP in equal fashion. So I will reply the same to you : if you don't like my observations and or assessments on a particuilar discussion topic... " then move on ".

I think it goes without saying that if you don't like what is posted on here, you can " move on ". Naturally, this applies to everyone on DCP in equal fashion. So I will reply the same to you : if you don't like my observations and or assessments on a particuilar discussion topic... " then move on ".

there ya go again cherry picking which then most of what is said COULD apply to your arguments BUT when put as it was fully written , it most often doesnt. There a full moon tonight?...lol

Actually LATELY there is very good, experienced, in touch people and discussion lately. just gotta sift through the rest i guess

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1