Who would you like to see a retro/best of/blast from the past show fro

Personally I believe that only the corps that first presented a show should produce a show so I would not want to see Crown do anything performed by Star. Let Crown create shows that are memorable (which they already have...). I'm also not sure that either "Media" or "Belshazzar's Feast" fits Crown's style. Same with 27th, Bridgemen, Kilties, and North Star--only they could do what they did.

Since Madison's 1999 "Jesus Christ Superstar" is one of my all-time favorite shows, I'd love to see it again. I'd survive quite well if "City of Angels" was revived.

Phantom took a huge risk with Stravinsky in 1978, I'd love to see them reattempt it.

Some have mentioned 1976 or 77 Blue Devils, and I could see where that would be powerful, but so too would 1994's "My Spanish Heart."

I'd also love any SCV show that includes a "Bottle Dance" or a mysterious disappearance or uniform change.

However, for me, popping in the DVD's for any great show helps me to relive it, especially if I saw itlive.

What's weird is that even though Troopers took far more liberty with the source music, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Cadets' show that prompted this.

That show is what I thought of first when I heard about this. I was thinking that the Cadet's show pushed them over the line with the arranging. tongue.gif

Sorry that I was not a fan of the arrangements, but they were frenetically all over the place that year.

I'd much rather hear Crown's updated take on Star of Indiana's Belshazzar's Feast.

My heart says it's been only yesterday, but my head reminds me that next year will be 20 years since BD's My Spanish Heart. I'd love to see what they could do with it, especially with modern pit percussion, electronics and the like.

Phantom needs to revisit New World Symphony. 25 years is long enough.

I'm with others - I would truly enjoy this Madison group reprising City of Angels

And Cavaliers need to (at some point) retcon Gloria!

Mike

OMG YES!

Crown please do Belshazzar's Feast.

Blue Devils,

Play this ( ala 1985)

Marius Nordal's Life Raft

ELP Trilogy

ELP Karn Evil 9

ELP Piano Concert No. 1

Pat Metheny's First Circle

Update the visual, sprinkle some Blue GE on it, and let's see what happens.

Edited by jjeffeory

It is absolutely insane to me that Caprice bohémien has only been played ONCE in ALL of DCI history (Phantom Regiment 1995). That might be the most exciting introduction to a Phantom Regiment show I've ever seen.

I feel like the current DCI audience is really starved for some Classical folk/dance music. Like a "Tavern" show or something.

That show is what I thought of first when I heard about this. I was thinking that the Cadet's show pushed them over the line with the arranging. tongue.gif

Sorry that I was not a fan of the arrangements, but they were frenetically all over the place that year.

The "Cool" arrangement especially upset me. And of course they had all the sound effects going on for some reason :/

• Like 1

Vanguard- YPG, Pictures At An Exhibition, Giannini's Third Symphony (4th mvt.), Grover's Corners, The Red Pony, Tender Land

BD- Just some old school jazz... PLEASE!

Phantom- Symphonie Fantastique

Crown- Although not from FL, I'd love to see/hear them take on "A Florida Suite".

Cavies- Variations on a Korean Folk Song

SoA- Georgia, Let It Be Me, Blues In The Night, Los Hermanos De Bop, Porgy and Bess

Troopers- keep going the way you did this past season but add a touch of "Shenandoah" in there somewhere.

Cadets- Bernstein's Mass, Candide

Madison- Strawberry Soup, Through The Eyes of Love (with DM led company front)

Hmmm... who should cover the Freelancers? You Are The Sunshine of My Life, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Power Suite/What Is Hip, With You I'm Born Again

• Like 1

Vanguard- YPG, Pictures At An Exhibition, Giannini's Third Symphony (4th mvt.), Grover's Corners, The Red Pony, Tender Land

BD- Just some old school jazz... PLEASE!

Phantom- Symphonie Fantastique

Crown- Although not from FL, I'd love to see/hear them take on "A Florida Suite".

Cavies- Variations on a Korean Folk Song

SoA- Georgia, Let It Be Me, Blues In The Night, Los Hermanos De Bop, Porgy and Bess

Troopers- keep going the way you did this past season but add a touch of "Shenandoah" in there somewhere.

Cadets- Bernstein's Mass, Candide

Madison- Strawberry Soup, Through The Eyes of Love (with DM led company front)

Hmmm... who should cover the Freelancers? You Are The Sunshine of My Life, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Power Suite/What Is Hip, With You I'm Born Again

That's what I'm talking about.

@NR_Ohiobando - You certainly deserve plaudits for consistency. Judging by your posts. Apparently whatever has happened in our world in your viewpoint has probably been The Cadet's fault. You must have a degree of insight that enables you to see their hand at work doing nefarious and outrageous things. Double points because the expression on your face in your profile pictures lines up exactly with the unending negative thoughts about The Cadets you present. Now me, I'm a Cadet homer. I tend to focus on the one or two good things they must have done during their eighty year history of primarily being the epitome of pure evil. Of course there' always the possibility that they are the great evil force you present them to be. I'm sure you have very strong justification for your exceptionally viral dislike of one of our most honored corps...don't you?