Are Championships too expensive?

yes they have. But the hotel deal was a known entity from the time they joined DCA, and waiting until the week of the event to cry on Facebook about it was clearly the wrong way to go about it. The contract was already signed, so you either find a way to make it work for you, or you suck it up.

They'll figure it out. I mean, we booked out room on Hotels.com this year. If I'd given it any real thought, we'd have bought one through YEA. I'd encourage anyone who would otherwise book their own to go through a corps. This isn't just a C2 problem, that's for sure.

They'll figure it out. I mean, we booked out room on Hotels.com this year. If I'd given it any real thought, we'd have bought one through YEA. I'd encourage anyone who would otherwise book their own to go through a corps. This isn't just a C2 problem, that's for sure.

No it's not. But there are ways to go about it. It's clear he's as bad at PR in DCA as he is in DCI

• Like 1

With corps provided transportation, corps provided rooms, corps provided meals, etc.; the cost for the Kilties to attend DCA in Annapolis was 25k.

Your members don't pay for their rooms? :blink:

Your members don't pay for their rooms? :blink:/>/>

No they do not pay for their rooms; it's a part of the membership package.

We place 4 to a room, and if any member(s) requests less than 4 per room; only then do they remit the difference.

So, as example, if two members (maybe a husband/wife, siblings, etc.) request two to their room, they make up the difference by paying 50% of the costs for that courtesy. Other than that, the Kilties budget accordingly to cover rooms, most meals, transportation for DCA and the season as a whole.

• Like 1

No they do not pay for their rooms; it's a part of the membership package.

We place 4 to a room, and if any member(s) requests less than 4 per room; only then do they remit the difference.

So, as example, if two members (maybe a husband/wife, siblings, etc.) request two to their room, they make up the difference by paying 50% of the costs for that courtesy. Other than that, the Kilties budget accordingly to cover rooms, most meals, transportation for DCA and the season as a whole.

Is transportation to finals, every man for himself, or do you travel as a Corps?

yes they have. But the hotel deal was a known entity from the time they joined DCA, and waiting until the week of the event to cry on Facebook about it was clearly the wrong way to go about it. The contract was already signed, so you either find a way to make it work for you, or you suck it up.

Their way of trying to "make it work" was to put out that FB message looking for help from any interested parties. I don't see the problem with it. Not everyone who might want to attend understands how things work, so George provided an explanation of why they were asking.

Of course, George being George it will contain more than "just the facts ma'am, just the facts". :smile:/>

Agreed Mike but the victim card rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

A lot of people

• Like 1

No it's not. But there are ways to go about it. It's clear he's as bad at PR in DCA as he is in DCI

Well give him credit for being consistent.

Reminds me a bit of Lucy Von Pelt in Peanuts..."I hate everybody."