Someone please explain e=mc^2 to me, because I really don't like/g

Answer after reading my comments, please :)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Considering their title, what it implied, and what was presented, does Crown's show make sense?

• Yes, your comments didn't change my mind
    • No, your comments changed my mind
    • No, I already had this opinion
    • I don't know

Along with what Boo said...

People don't typically stand outside McDonald's yelling about how they hate McDonald's, and telling everyone they should go to Burger King.

They just go to Burger King.

:rolleyes:/>/>

Note to self: Stop standing outside McDonald's and yelling at people.

• Like 4

That's allowed. Either a show "clicks" for you or it doesn't. I admire that you're trying to make Crown's show "work" for you, but if it doesn't, it doesn't. There's still plenty of other shows that will do the trick in the off-season.

I drive a Honda Odyssey; it's a great vehicle built in America with an engine also built here. Others drive other makes for their own reasons...more often than not that those particular vehicles appeal to them. They don't wonder why a Honda Odyssey didn't appeal to them as much and I don't wonder why I didn't choose the same vehicle that they did. There's enough different vehicles to suit every automotive-consumer's taste.

And there's enough different drum corps and approaches to shows to suit every drum corps fan's taste.

In 5 days I'm leaving to serve an LDS mission. As you might know, that's a two year engagement. I'm gonna miss two years of DCI, and whenever I think about this last season, it's going to have e=mc^2. I don't get to watch/listen to SCV's Les Mis, The Cavaliers' Secret Society, or PR's triumphant journey (My top 3 from this year) in an offseason lasting 2 years. In all reality, I'm terrified of coming back and finding that more shows like e=mc^2 have won. So my original post was a last-ditch effort to get the bitter taste out of my mouth concerning the show that is going to be "my champion" for two years. Sadly, it hasn't.

(This is isn't me lamenting choosing to serve a mission. I am wildly excited to go and don't regret that decision in any way)

Edited by Cavfan930
  • Like 3

People don't typically stand outside McDonald's yelling about how they hate McDonald's,

:rolleyes:/>/>/>

Are you sure ?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/29/fast-food-workers-to-strike-nationwide-over-wages/

Edited by BRASSO

In 5 days I'm leaving to serve an LDS mission. As you might know, that's a two year engagement. I'm gonna miss two years of DCI, and whenever I think about this last season, it's going to have e=mc^2. I don't get to watch/listen to SCV's Les Mis, The Cavaliers' Secret Society, or PR's triumphant journey (My top 3 from this year) in an offseason lasting 2 years. In all reality, I'm terrified of coming back and finding that more shows like e=mc^2 have won. So my original post was a last-ditch effort to get the bitter taste out of my mouth concerning the show that is going to be "my champion" for two years. Sadly, it hasn't.

(This is isn't me lamenting choosing to serve a mission. I am wildly excited to go and don't regret that decision in any way)

You're going to need a lot more suitcases for all the baggage you'll be taking with you.

• Like 5

My suggestion is that you download ONLY the Crown APD to your i-thingy and make a point to listen to it every single day, many times a day if possible, while you're gone.

I'm reasonably sure that we'll still be talking about Crown's 2013 show when you get back.

:tongue:/>

My suggestion is that you download ONLY the Crown APD to your i-thingy and make a point to listen to it every single day, many times a day if possible, while you're gone.

I'm reasonably sure that we'll still be talking about Crown's 2013 show when you get back.

tongue.gif/>

Mission rules prohibit the use of personal music devices while I am in the field sad.gif

• Like 1

And 8 different corps played Land of Make Believe in 1976 and 1977.

No but there was a season where 3 or 4 different top 25 corps played "Tiger of San Pedro" ph34r.gif

Mission rules prohibit the use of personal music devices while I am in the field sad.gif

What?? And you volunteered for that assignment??

Just tell them "This isn't personal. It's education. I'm seeing stars! What? Impossible you say? Well, just listen to THIS!"

I'm sure they'll make an exception for you.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

What?? And you volunteered for that assignment??

Just tell them "This isn't personal. It's education. I'm seeing stars! What? Impossible you say? Well, just listen to THIS!"

I'm sure they'll make an exception for you.

I know it's going to be hard, and it's probably extremely difficult to understand why someone would do this on purpose. But I'm not going to ask for exception. Those are the rules and I'm going to abide by them.

• Like 1

And 8 different corps played Land of Make Believe in 1976 and 1977.

All different arrangements too. Sort of like the more than 8 Corps that all used props.. but different props... this season in their Land of Make Believe.

Edited by BRASSO