Someone please explain e=mc^2 to me, because I really don't like/g

Answer after reading my comments, please :)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Considering their title, what it implied, and what was presented, does Crown's show make sense?

• Yes, your comments didn't change my mind
    • No, your comments changed my mind
    • No, I already had this opinion
    • I don't know

The thought of how we can physically eat 'doughnut holes' has kept me up many a night. I mean a hole is a space in which there is no edible substance, so I cannot comprehend how we can eat nothingness called a doughnut hole. Maybe Crown or the Blue Devils or the Cadets can design a show to educate me on this conundrum; wait and see, wait and see.

Reading this, you just might be a fan of INT Stu, but don't yet realize it yet. INT over the years has been very good at displaying total nothingness better than any Corps, imo. Nobody, but nobody, does nothing better than INT. They are minimalist to the max, Stu.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Counting: My quick search found that apparently the counting is supposed to be "...an interpretation as a reference to the mathematical and scientific breakthroughs made by Einstein himself."

I watched a documentary about Einstein on the Beach and from what I remember the rhythmic counting was originally only to be used to rehearse the timing of the body movements / dance and then to be eliminated or replaced. When it came time to make a decision they took option #3 and decided to keep the counting.

It just may be a happy accident.

And 8 different corps played Land of Make Believe in 1976 and 1977.

Wasn't it 1979 for 4 or 5 of the Top 25 did "Children of Sanchez" as well. I'm glad there is so much more diversifying now

I watched a documentary about Einstein on the Beach and from what I remember the rhythmic counting was originally only to be used to rehearse the timing of the body movements / dance and then to be eliminated or replaced. When it came time to make a decision they took option #3 and decided to keep the counting.

It just may be a happy accident.

You say happy accident, I say lazy writing

• Like 2

Reading this, you just might be a fan of INT Stu, but don't yet realize it yet. INT over the years has been very good at displaying total nothingness better than any Corps, imo. Nobody, but nobody, does nothing better than INT. They are minimalist to the max, Stu.

I heard a rumor that the next INT show will be called 'Air within a Vacuum'. Any truth to that, or is is it just 'Nothing'?

Wasn't it 1979 for 4 or 5 of the Top 25 did "Children of Sanchez" as well. I'm glad there is so much more diversifying now

I guess its just a matter of opinion, but I think there was a bit more, " diversity " back in the 70's than today. From Corps unis, music selections, styles, ethos, etc the Corps of the 70's were chock full of " diversity ", even among the Corps marching ranks. There was the Kilties (Scottish themed), Hawthorne Muchachos ( Spanish themed ), Troopers ( Wild West themed ), Spirit of Atlanta ( Southern themed ), CCMC Warriors ( Black themed ), Bridgemen ( urban themed ), Phantom Regiment ( Classical themed ), SCV ( Broadway themed ), La Chinese ( Asian themed ), 27th Lancers ( Aussies themed ) Velvet Knights ( Comedic themed ), Les Chatelaines ( French themed, all Girl themed ), Arbella ( nautical themed ) and many many other corps that were unlike the others in so many respects.. right down to their uniforms selected where there was huge differences. We had Corps where 90% of the marchers were African- American... others over 80% Asian- American, others with over 90% French speaking Canadians, others Dutch Speaking from Europe, and so forth too. And their music selected, and their unis, styles, ethos etc reflected such " diversity " compared to others too. I'm not saying which was " better " , just that there was LOTS of diversity between Corps BITD, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

I know it's going to be hard, and it's probably extremely difficult to understand why someone would do this on purpose. But I'm not going to ask for exception. Those are the rules and I'm going to abide by them.

I have very high respect for youth such as yourself who understand commitment, honor, and duty. I again state: Always be yourself; nobody can take that away from you!

• Like 1

I guess its just a matter of opinion, but I think there was a bit more, " diversity " back in the 70's than today. From Corps unis, music selections, styles, ethos, etc the Corps of the 70's were chock full of " deversity ", even among the Corps marching ranks. There was the Kilties (Scottish themed), Hawthorne Muchachos ( Spanish themed ), Troopers ( Wild West themed ), Spirit of Atlanta ( Southern themed ), CCMC Warriors ( Black themed ), Bridgemen ( urban themed ), Phantom Regiment ( Classical themed ), SCV ( Broadway themed ), La Chinese ( Asian themed ), 27th Lancers ( Aussies themed ) Velvet Knights ( Comedic themed ), Les Chatelaines ( French themed, all Girl themed ), and many many other corps that were unlike the others in so many respects.. We had Corps where 90% of the marchers were African- American... others over 80% Asian- American and so forth. And their music selected, and their unis, styles, ethos etc reflected such " diversity " compared to others too. I'm not saying which was " better " , just that there was LOTS of diversity between Corps BITD, thats all.

Everytime my Dad sees Spirit of Atlanta, he says, "That's not Atlanta, there aren't nearly enough African-americans on that field." (He lived there for several years) I'm not bashing on spirit, but it is true that DCI, so far as member participation is concerned, lacks cultural/racial diversity. Because it's become more expensive, the activity has slowly become harder and harder for people in minorities to access and participate. And no, it's not racist to say that racial/ethnic minorities are the poor ones in this country, its a socioeconomic fact.

• Like 1