2013 DCA World Championships Finals

Looking forward to your review. We dug Prelims...good performances, good food and great venue for drum corps sight and sound. Really enjoyed the entertainment value of Empire Statesmen as they 'exit stage left.' Looking at Finals recap, it seems like C2 might have finished 4th overall with a stronger guard score; but the top six corps were all strong in different and enjoyable ways.

That is one thing that was definitely better this year in Annapolis compared to last year. More variety of food.

The Bo Brooks crab cakes were terrific (Bo Brooks is a legendary crab house in Baltimore)... and the pulled-pork/pit beef stand had some very tasty stuff.

Heh... I had a couple of people ask me over the weekend, "what the heck is pit beef???" LOL

Pit beef is a Maryland thing. It's beef (or turkey or ham) cooked in an open barbecue pit. Thus the "pit beef" name. And when it's done right, it is off-the-hook good.

I've heard it referred to as "barbecue beef"... among other terms... in other parts of the Northeast.

Heh... I had a couple of people ask me over the weekend, "what the heck is pit beef???" LOL

Pit beef is a Maryland thing. It's beef (or turkey or ham) cooked in an open barbecue pit. Thus the "pit beef" name. And when it's done right, it is off-the-hook good.

I've heard it referred to as "barbecue beef"... among other terms... in other parts of the Northeast.

had a turkey sandwich each day from there... it was pretty wonderful and since I have trouble digesting many different foods - it tasted great and my delicate stomach was able to handle it...

had a turkey sandwich each day from there... it was pretty wonderful and since I have trouble digesting many different foods - it tasted great and my delicate stomach was able to handle it...

that sounds funny coming from you old buddy. but i know where you are coming from. life sucks eh old man?

• Like 1

I always thought "pit beef" was a fat guy playing marimbas on the front of the field...

Thanks for fixing my misconception.

• Like 1

1378141422[/url]' post='3321058']

That is one thing that was definitely better this year in Annapolis compared to last year. More variety of food.

The Bo Brooks crab cakes were terrific (Bo Brooks is a legendary crab house in Baltimore)... and the pulled-pork/pit beef stand had some very tasty stuff.

They were out of crab cakes by the time we performed and were able to go to concessions :(

1378080485[/url]' post='3320815']

Dude, I just had goose bumps from the end of the show! Thanks, CV!

Kevin,

Thanks for your recap of the CV show!I filmed prelims from up high, and was at field level for Finals.Very proud of what was accomplished this year!

Ken West

• Like 1

Sorry but that was a KOKE.

STAR UNITED was terrific once again.

not even in the same class.

Had to say it.

I haven't really liked anything Star related since they started in '85. I guess I did like the bus ride they gave us in '87 and the overnight stay at their HQ after the bus ride. But I thought Star United was better than Ghost Riders.

Just my observation doesn't mean I didn't like that Ghost Riders got 1st place.

• Like 1