Phantom Regiment 2014

And another thing. Someone mentioned there are over 100 rookies. Doesn't this speak volumes for where the corps has been headed for last several years. This statistic should never happen to a corps like PR.

I never marched a corps. I was in a Marching Band and got hooked on DCI a long time ago.

I know people who marched. Some had great experiences, some had a hard time and it was a one year experience.

I look at many of you with envy. I wish I had done it. I could have done it but I never made the decision. I know envy isn't the best of positions to be in, but it's there, to this day over 25 years after what would have been my last available year to march in a corps.

Everything I have followed and loved in this activity has been because of your contribution.

I agree with many things on this board and disagree with few. However, one thing I will NEVER support is the armchair people who call for the firing or replacement of corps staff. I don't care about the reasoning or the justification outside of harm to others. I will not support it.

To be blunt, some of you really need to get off of your high horses.

No wonder corps tell members to not go on this forum.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

I seriously hope they do something about the guantlets on the brass/percussion uniform. Every time I see that photo they posted at the beginning of the month I can't help but think of a fiddler crab where one of the claws is much bigger than the other.

Not saying that I know this for a fact, but come on.... The white is an overlay. The black gauntlet is smaller, the white gauntlet is big. It's almost as if they could take off the overlay, take off the white gauntlet to reveal an all black uniform (and gauntlet). I spoke to a member that said that the group wouldn't wear gloves this year, because it wouldn't work with the uniform. I'm guessing that is because the uniform changes during the show.
  • Like 1

I never marched a corps. I was in a Marching Band and got hooked on DCI a long time ago.

I know people who marched. Some had great experiences, some had a hard time and it was a one year experience.

I look at many of you with envy. I wish I had done it. I could have done it but I never made the decision. I know envy isn't the best of positions to be in, but it's there, to this day over 25 years after what would have been my last available year to march in a corps.

Everything I have followed and loved in this activity has been because of your contribution.

I agree with many things on this board and disagree with few. However, one thing I will NEVER support is the armchair people who call for the firing or replacement of corps staff. I don't care about the reasoning or the justification outside or harm to others. I will not support it.

To be blunt, some of you really need to get off of your high horses.

No wonder corps tell members to not go on this forum.

And some people need to wake up and see th handwriting on the wall.

Just watched the performance. I actually like the music and think a lot can be done with this. Looking forward to seeing the visuals. Percussion did seem very rough, dirty, but it was raining and for musicians (brass and perc) that tends to cause concentration issues. I would chalk that performance up to bad focus. I think the talent is better than what they showed in this clip.

Wow. Love PR but I was so looking forward to Swan Lake but I didn't see it until the last few mins of the show. It's so early to be critical but I hope they change a lot of what I heard. Pretty underwhelming.

Part of me wonders if that is a Top 12 show? I guess you never really know until you see the competition, but its going to be very interesting to see where they place this weekend. I will not be surprised if they struggle to make the top 10. This is a mess.

Have you really been following the DCI activity since 1988 ? If you have....you should 'Probably' know that.....

Corps improve as the season progresses

Corps programs are changed as the season progresses

Sometimes corps have an off-night/performance

etc.....

Where will Phantom Regiment place in 2014 ? Honestly....no one has a clue. No one.....

Take a look at where the Madison Scouts started in 2007 and where they ended up (placement wise)......

sheesh......