Bluecoats 2014

What?

Do you know what a z-pull is?

They are moving so fast on those Z-pulls its almost stupid.

But I love it so much.

Not sure why people are so excited by coats using a trademarked move from another corps. What happened to this show being innovative and different?? It's like if they used the Troopers sunburst.. Kinda disappointing. They couldn't invent something unique to bluecoats?? :hmmm:

I have NEVER seen a double z-pull. Ever. And how sweet if it propels them past Cadets.

Not sure why people are so excited by coats using a trademarked move from another corps. What happened to this show being innovative and different?? It's like if they used the Troopers sunburst.. Kinda disappointing. They couldn't invent something unique to bluecoats?? :hmmm:

• Like 1

"Trademarked"?

In that case, can someone tell me who has the patent on the 4 counter-rotating boxes BD does in their show? Because I've definitely seen that a million times.

While we're at it, can we go back and check the first corps to use every big moment drill move ever and forbid everyone else from using them? Rotating diamonds, boxes that mesh and then become whole again, "conveyor-belt" drill, follow-the-leader, Circles that move clockwise, with another moving counterclockwise, and the 3rd moving clockwise again. Company Fronts. Lining up on a yardline and slowly rotating the straight line for 8-16 counts.

Boxes or circles that "unravel" and then wind back together. 2 lines that merge and then blow up into rectangles. Triangles that turn into squares (and back).

I know I'm missing a few here. Help me out people!

• Like 1

I just realized, this means Coats' first victory might come in Massillon. Place is gonna be NUTS.

August 4th Massillon, Ohio....better get your tickets NOW!

This crowd is going to go NUTS!

Listed in reverse order of performance.

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The nice thing about this show, in addition to it being a great line up and stadium, is that the crowd loves all the corps. I've seen all of these corps and more get huge ovations in Massillon. Blooo will be bigger than life at this one no doubt.

I thought of some more!

Boxes that shift into parallelograms. Diamond-cutter moves. Boxes that rotate and then also have an internal rotation (sometimes in the opposite direction) simultaneously. Scatter Drill. Needle-threading (most often seen as a curvalinear line snaking through a static or oblique-ing box). The wind-up.

• Like 1

I doubt bluecoats thought of these moves as Z-Pulls. I also doubt they were trying to copy another corps. And most drill moves in a show cannot be trademarked. Crown does an S pull in their show that could be mistaken for a Z Pull. Not every move or phrase of music in a show can be innovative or mind blowing. The new ending for Bluecoats is stunning in effect and should propel GE a bit more.

Yet another killer drum line run-through. What a metaphor, watching Crown members walk back from their performance while BLOO is still warming up. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was going to happen this year.

I just saw the Bluecoats in Nashville and yes the new ending is ridiculously good! I kind of thought the old one was a little out of place and took away from the awesome pitch bend but now they come out of the pitch bend and just blast everybody with a major chord and have the one guy run until the THX drops! It is so perfect!!! So it is not surprising that they are really catching up to the Cadets and could possibly jump them at Atlanta because they were just .35 points away from them after tonight compared to 1.85 before. Btw, when I saw that they were the final performance tonight I knew that everyone would go crazy and they totally did!!! So much BLOOING!!! It was awesome! I hope they continue to clean and blow the the dome off of Lucas Oil at finals and get the place they deserve!

I missed most of that last night. Haha!

Yes, the ending is better, just thought I'd see more of a contrast. It's me, Love the show.