We Need To Talk About [CENSORED]...

Brandt Crocker has been terrible for many years & I have said so on this board for a few years now. I'm not sure if DCI told him to go with the over the top gravely voice & over dramtic style or if it was his own idea...but its terrible. His "PHAAAAAAAAAAAAANTOM REGIMENT" call is brutal & you cant even understand it. It's time for a new voice of DCI.

You are more concerned about this than I am.

Apparently not.

"Are, too!"

"Am not!"

"Are, too!"

"Am not!"

Jeesh. Be happy. Enjoy the show.

Edited by garfield

ok, so since the corps are the ones with the power, and it's their shows that are "being ruined".....if it's such an issue, why haven't they pulled rank and created change?

Maybe.... the DCI Corps Directors just do not realize this is such a real huge, big, I mean Large, Massive, problem which is 'ruining' their shows to the point of killing off the activity, and they just need to listen to, and follow the advice of, HollywoodNeoCon and FlamMan?

Edited by Stu

Maybe.... the DCI Corps Directors just do not realize this is such a real huge, big, I mean Large, Massive, problem which is 'ruining' their shows to the point of killing off the activity, and they just need to listen to, and follow the advice of, HollywoodNeoCon and FlamMan?

Unlikely, considering it was they who choreographed the announcements in the first place.

Possibly the motivation was to align more with the TOC format.

Unlikely, considering it was they who choreographed the announcements in the first place.

Or, perhaps this announcement synchronization is just a new type of fad; something created merely for the sake of change; a design issue that will soon be considered ‘so yesterday’ by the in-vogue minded.

Apparently not.

"Are, too!"

"Am not!"

"Are, too!"

"Am not!"

Jeesh. Be happy. Enjoy the show.

Most of the shows are the same & many just arent enjoyable. Thank God Madison is playing Jazz again. Hopefully it will start a trend back towards mainstream melodious music.

Most of the shows are the same & many just arent enjoyable. Thank God Madison is playing Jazz again. Hopefully it will start a trend back towards mainstream melodious music.

If most of the shows are the same, wouldn't most of them be not enjoyable, as opposed to many of them?

Sorry, I'm just picking on you now.

Seriously, you don't like the announcer, you don't like many (most?) of the shows... Maybe it's time to officially hang up your spats and take up a hobby away from drum corps. I'm pretty sure that waiting for a return to the old days will leave you with another reason to be frustrated.

Based on your march date with Madison, I'm your age or a little older. Making the transition from the "good ole days" to enjoying drum corps as it is was not easy for me, but actively working towards enjoying drum corps for what it is today reduced the internal stress of staying active for the real benefits that drum corps provides to today's kids.

Just like it did for you a-way back then.

• Like 1

I blame Brandt Crocker.

I hate when you crack a good one. laughing in a good way at something you say makes me feel so dirty

:tounge2:

well let's be honest, it's really what WGI has been doing for a few years now. retreat is all but how WGI does it, minus bringing up the entire membership of 3rd, 2nd and 1st to present them medals.

Yes, I'm sure DCI is watching your opinion and have duly noted it ("That's, um, one.")

That's two.