We Need To Talk About [CENSORED]...

The other problem with announcing and preshows, is that some venues refuse to let people into the stands once the show had started. With the addition of the preshow, I have heard of people not being allowed back in stands during the course of the preshow. Since many corps are using that format these days, it almost makes it impossible to use the restrooms, or get concessions without missing a corps, unless you wait for intermission. And if you wait until intermission, the lines are incredibly long in some of the stadiums.

The current pre-show & corps annnouncement arrangement is terrrible & needs to change. Fans are confused by it. They are also confused by many of the corps shows, but that is a different subject for a diffferent day & different thread. How hard is it to announce the corps & begin the show? Then again, this is DCI we're talking about...the organization that had a great thing going for itself & crapped the bed.

Edited by FlamMan

The current pre-show & corps annnouncement arrangement is terrrible & needs to change. Fans are confused by it.

Not all fans are confused. First there's something like a please welcome to the field.................., then at the appropriate time "Drum Corps International is proud......................"

The timing might not always be perfect, but most fans know when the judged portion begins.

Not all fans are confused. First there's something like a please welcome to the field.................., then at the appropriate time "Drum Corps International is proud......................"

The timing might not always be perfect, but most fans know when the judged portion begins.

No they dont. The whole thng is a mess.

i'd say many as opposed to most. There has been some confusion. and the timing is almost always off because of the delay with the audio system and the small novel announcers are forced to read

i'd say many as opposed to most. There has been some confusion. and the timing is almost always off because of the delay with the audio system and the small novel announcers are forced to read

The phone ringing during Carolina Crown's announcement in 2012 was quite funny (it was edited out but showed up on initial Fan Network videos).

"You order pizza?"

No they dont. The whole thng is a mess.

Then I'm sure you'll throw your hat in the ring to become DCI's next executive director, in order to fix all of the problems you perceive. I haven't met anyone at a show that's confused by the opening, or thinks it's a mess, but then again, most of my friends are optimists.

• Like 2

Then I'm sure you'll throw your hat in the ring to become DCI's next executive director, in order to fix all of the problems you perceive. I haven't met anyone at a show that's confused by the opening, or thinks it's a mess, but then again, most of my friends are optimists.

Sorry, I'm not confused by the opening.

I'm not impressed.

I would have to take a pay cut.

• Like 1

I would have to take a pay cut.

Probably worth it if you really want to "fix" DCI. Take one for the team, as it were