Blue Stars 2014 "Where the Heart Is"

You guys take this drum corps thing way too seriously. Plus, I typically wait until the second Saturday in August before crowing about final placement.

" BRASSO--is English your second or third language?

I suppose it mostly depends upon whom I 'm speaking with, as I'm conversationally fluent at least. in about 3 of them......so whats yours ?

Edited by BRASSO

All right, BRASSO, here you go. Of the 61 pages, only counting the times people actually put them out of Finals, I came up with 38. That doesn't include people who said either SOA, BS, or Troopers, and people that didn't give 11th and 12th places.

I picked them at eleventh myself; that was back in January, when you picked them in tenth.

I counted 84 different posts that predicted at least a top twelve. If anyone picked multiple corps for 12th and that group included Blue Stars, I counted that as 12th. If anyone picked only a top twelve and didn't list the Blue Stars, I counted that as 13th. Some people offered more than one prediction over the ten months between the thread's appearance and the first show of the season (which was my cut-off); I tried not to count any of those twice, but I probably did. I did not count BRASSO's list, which he specified was his desire rather than his prediction; I would note that in that wish list he had Blue Stars in 6th. This is what I found:

8th place -- 1

9th place -- 3

10th place -- 15

11th place -- 19

12th place -- 17

- - - - - - - - - - -

13th place -- 23

14th place -- 5

15th place -- 1

So 55 people picked Blue Stars to make Finals, and 29 people picked them to miss Finals.

In early January, when only 8 predictions had yet been made (before yours, in fact), someone had already complained about "everyone putting Blue Stars out of Finals".

How does the same percussion judge flip the content score between two corps one viewing to the next? I'm pretty sure their books haven't changed much if at all in just a few days. He had Blue Stars over Scouts in content at Whitewater, and Scouts over Blue Stars in Lisle. I don't get it.

How does the same percussion judge flip the content score between two corps one viewing to the next? I'm pretty sure their books haven't changed much if at all in just a few days. He had Blue Stars over Scouts in content at Whitewater, and Scouts over Blue Stars in Lisle. I don't get it.

Sampling differences?

The word "everyone" was used in a hyperbolic manner meaning "many." BRASSO--is English your second or third language? I would think a native speaker wouldn't take a statement like that literally unless he or she just wanted to argue for the fun of it.

MCM--good luck with that insomnia, sir. Nice research.

4am isnt bad right? :tongue:

So what does everyone think of the houseplan tarps now? I like them but they need to be white...or a much lighter bluish gray. Or even plain blue to match the drums. Doubt they'll change them. They're just kind of hard to see.

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut

So what does everyone think of the houseplan tarps now? I like them but they need to be white...or a much lighter bluish gray. Or even plain blue to match the drums. Doubt they'll change them. They're just kind of hard to see.

I would be really surprised if those stayed black, they don't show up well at all. I know the panels have stuff planned for them, but not sure about the floor plan tarps.