Drum Corps Night @ the Library!

I need some suggestions!

I am starting a drum corps night at my library and I need some suggestions for drum corps programs to show the first time.

The first night is an 'intro to drum corps' theme for those that may or may not be aware of the activity.

I mean, I could fill the program up with my personal favorite shows, but I'm not sure they would represent drum corps as a whole. I'm going for around 1 1/2 to 2 hours, which is 6-8 shows, but I also intend to introduce each show and its corps with a little history perhaps.

I appreciate any and all program suggestions!

Thank you!

Pick music that many people are likely to recognize and shows where the audience is clearly having a great time. Video that highlights the enormous physicality is good. Consider including just one song from a show rather than an entire show if it will help drive home those characteristics.

• Like 1

Pick music that many people are likely to recognize and shows where the audience is clearly having a great time. Video that highlights the enormous physicality is good. Consider including just one song from a show rather than an entire show if it will help drive home those characteristics.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought about showing parts of a show. Thanks!

Malaguena - '88 Scouts.

• Like 2

Definitely something that resembles a battle march, or something 'army-on-the-move' like. It was a huge focus early on. I don't know, maybe Boston Crusaders' Conquest. I also encourge you to show only individual pieces throughout the presentation. Full shows will likely be too much for even the most curious.

• Like 1

If your audience is young, it might be a good idea to skew newer. So much of drum corps is the "I can't believe actual humans are pulling that off," and the 2000-present shows have the visual packages to really wow. 04 Cavies is always one of the first things I show new people.

• Like 1

Cadets 2000 and Star 1985. It's Disney music. How can anyone not recognize that? I'd throw in 04 Cavies, 05 Spirit, 89 SCV, 06-08 Cavies, probably Cadets 2011, and Crown either 2005,2007, or 2008

• Like 2