Carolina Crown 2014

For those of you not from the Carolinas, purple and teal are hugely popular in the area right now due to the return of the Charlotte Hornets. Excellent timing for Crown.

I definitely got that vibe right away too, and I think it'll be an awesome look for them...I was in love with their unis during the cream years but now that they're gone they just look uglier and more dated to me as time goes on. I'd be shocked If the uniforms weren't teal and blue though, after all the profile pics.

Right after their number banner they put up on Facebook today I wondered in my comments if they would leave the black and purple part but just switch the orange stripe for a blue stripe instead

They did mention that California Chrome was their "adopted horse" during this season, and that color scheme is purple and teal…. Could be a hint hiding in there

So you're suggesting that this will be their uniform for this year?

CA+Chrome+silks.jpg

• Like 1

At what point does the effect of switching equipment, changing horns (and back again), "costume" changes etc. become more of a distraction than a positive effect. (Not just with Crown but with any corps)

And does it really help, point-wise with the judges - who really determine/decide the effectiveness, through scores.

Not sure, but Star '86 ( Euphs to Contras) and Phantom 2006 ( Trumpets to Baritones) were not considered distractions. But we don't know what Crown is going to be doing.

Not sure, but Star '86 ( Euphs to Contras) and Phantom 2006 ( Trumpets to Baritones) were not considered distractions. But we don't know what Crown is going to be doing.

And they're not the only ones doing something like that this year. :ninja:

• Like 1

Just a matter of good planning.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

And they're not the only ones doing something like that this year. :ninja:

Indeed. At some point during their respective shows, the Blue Devils' color guard will all switch to snare, Phantom Regiment's tubas will insert trumpets into their bells and continue playing, half the Cavaliers will switch to drum major and act as the personal conductors for the other half of the members, the Madison Scouts and Blue Knights will trade uniforms, the Bluecoats will switch to WGI's rules for five minutes, and the Santa Clara Vanguard and Cadets will perform one another's shows at random points throughout the summer.

• Like 4

So just to clarify (for those of you that have been to rehearsals), this new thing they're doing that's never been done before in drum corps IS the section with 40 trumpets and 40 mellos, or do they still something else still under wraps? I'm dying here.

Garfield's guard picked up sopranos for their closer in '77 (IIRC).

So you're suggesting that this will be their uniform for this year?

CA+Chrome+silks.jpg

Wouldn't mind it. They did miss the chance to use that for their 07 show, but the color scheme would still work. They've used purple and green before