Carolina Crown 2014

I'm not too worried about them. Look at how much they changed in their 2013 show over the summer. They still have their amazing brass sound, their percussion has been given a higher priority this year, and they're definitely cleaner than they were this time last year.....can't imagine what it'll be like in August....

I was actually able to download the whole preview from youtube...after watching it a few more times I'm liking it a lot more. There really is some great stuff in there ...their horn line is right around 80. Trumpet's do some playing while on a trampoline.Pretty happy with the percussion(including front ensemble)Gunna really love the ballad when they're through with it..not sure about the guard's bit during the ballad though.....was looking for a story......isn't it funny, last year we were complaining about all the narration in the show and this year we want to hear more of the story behind the music.

I'm wondering what they're going to add onto it throughout the summer.Seems like another medal contender though

Edited by msumello

REPOST FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so here is mine: When I watched the Cadets 2011 preview, I had the feeling they would win. When I watched Crown's first performance last season, I felt like they had that "it factor". I wanted to feel that again with this year's preview, but I just didn't.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it didn't leave that "this just might win" feeling with me like those mentioned above did. This show will be competitive & a crowd pleaser, but I really don't believe this will be our 2014 DCI World Championship show. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, though!

I must say, I already like this show as is, more than last years finished product. looking forward to liking a crown show again.

• Like 2

I respect what they attempting. The "What" they are doing is substantial and will fall into place as they develop the visual, prop integration, drill expansion beyond the props which seems to limit field usage from the broadcast ( which may have just been the broadcast). Music seemed a bit forced in some areas like we know you can play lots of notes but it's not a requirement every time the brass line plays but certainly not a structural issue. I love the OOTW percussion sounds and that is a great part of the show along with the OOTW guard equipment. They are no flags in space silly! The "How well" of the show will certainly be there as this group is loaded with talent (MM's and staff). As I said in another post, a top 3 show for sure.

Edited by theCHEZman

I noticed this afternoon from Crown's Facebook photos that the trampolines appear to be not present on the field. Any ideas if they got axed? I will find out soon this Friday in Rockford thou. =)

I noticed this afternoon from Crown's Facebook photos that the trampolines appear to be not present on the field. Any ideas if they got axed? I will find out soon this Friday in Rockford thou. =)

I doubt it..........though I wouldn't be to upset if they were. maybe they haven't worked out how to transport them and set them up efficiently yet.

I doubt it..........though I wouldn't be to upset if they were. maybe they haven't worked out how to transport them and set them up efficiently yet.

Yah - Agree. Thats a lot of equipment to set up, perform, and exit the field without penalty.

I would guess probably not at this point just because they are storing the extra trumpets underneath them. Then again, they have plenty of time to figure it out.

I would guess probably not at this point just because they are storing the extra trumpets underneath them. Then again, they have plenty of time to figure it out.

Is this where they store the extra mellophones too? Just curious.