Carolina Crown 2014

I noticed this afternoon from Crown's Facebook photos that the trampolines appear to be not present on the field. Any ideas if they got axed? I will find out soon this Friday in Rockford thou. =)

well today they were working on the logistics of getting on and off the field. probably just left them off at the end of afternoon block so they can practice bringing them on again in the evening block :-)

IMHO the "tramps" are more of a distraction than a positive effect (on any level)...

• During the show the other night there were several moments where the players stopped playing and "popped" to position at the end of a movement and the folks on the tramps were still bobbing around...not even in unison.

• The fabric around the bottom moving in and out with the movement atop them is visually distracting in person... because of their location they are just within "tunnel vision" territory from high center (maybe even worse if you sitting right in front of one) so you find yourself constantly aware of the movement (which of course is not synced with anything happening around them)....

• There really is no way to gracefully mount and get positioned - or dismount...
the group of horns on the one stage left - were wobbly knee'd and stiff necked while getting on and off.

• They're not really integrated (at this point) for anything but bouncing... the guard doesn't dance around them the horn players don't sit on the edge or really use them regularly (that may change).... or use them like with RockStar...

... my 2¢

Edited by ashevillemurphy

IMHO the "tramps" are more of a distraction than a positive effect (on any level)...

• During the show the other night there were several moments where the players stopped playing and "popped" to position at the end of a movement and the folks on the tramps were still bobbing around...not even in unison.

• The fabric around the bottom moving in and out with the movement atop them is visually distracting in person... because of their location they are just within "tunnel vision" territory from high center (maybe even worse if you sitting right in front of one) so you find yourself constantly aware of the movement (which of course is not synced with anything happening around them)....

• There really is no way to gracefully mount and get positioned - or dismount...

the group of horns on the one stage left - were wobbly knee'd and stiff necked while getting on and off.

• They're not really integrated (at this point) for anything but bouncing... the guard doesn't dance around them the horn players don't sit on the edge or really use them regularly (that may change).... or use them like with RockStar...

... my 2¢

they are very much in the "still figuring them out" stage.

• Like 2

During the show the other night there were several moments where the players stopped playing and "popped" to position at the end of a movement and the folks on the tramps were still bobbing around...not even in unison.

The fabric around the bottom moving in and out with the movement atop them is visually distracting in person... because of their location they are just within "tunnel vision" territory from high center (maybe even worse if you sitting right in front of one) so you find yourself constantly aware of the movement (which of course is not synced with anything happening around them)....

There really is no way to gracefully mount and get positioned - or dismount...

They're not really integrated (at this point) for anything but bouncing... the guard doesn't dance around them the horn players don't sit on the edge or really use them regularly (that may change).... or use them like with RockStar...

... my 2¢

Last time I checked, astronauts don't bob up and down in sync when they're in outer space.

... my 2¢

I completely agree with all these points......but, wow, do I hope they can figure these out! I love the idea of this show! And, if they can master the use and effect of the tramps, it will be A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!! Best of luck Carolina Crown!

/sarcasm

Why can't Crown simulate perfect outer space experience...if you can't do it right...don't do it at all...

/sarcasmoff

• Like 1