Carolina Crown 2014

Wow, I've heard that before and often. Looks like the trend continues after a decade or more of corps doing this.

Nothng new from Crown, that's for sure. New (or additional) ending stuff goes in around Altanta (sometimes as late as East) although they may learn that new stuff far earlier than that and just sit on it.

Nothng new from Crown, that's for sure. New (or additional) ending stuff goes in around Altanta (sometimes as late as East) although they may learn that new stuff far earlier than that and just sit on it.

True. I know the Cavaliers started this trend at the beginning of the century where they would change the ending. It would happen every year and that other corps have caught on and now do it every year too. To be totally honest, Cadets changed ending a bunch in their '92 to Tame the Perilous Skies show. Cavaliers did that in '90 too. Star did the Cross to Cross ending change, what in '91? It wasn't until the early 2000s where it would happen every year.

When a poster posts that a corps' ending will be different by the end of the season, I just think, "that's nothing new" and it's not really that worth mentioning.

Maybe I'm just a little cranky today too, I dunno...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

By the way, the rumors out on the other Drum Corps internet sites that Carolina Chrome competed in NY on Saturday and finished tied for 4th really sticks in my craw. I really wish they'd get their facts straight.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

By the way, the rumors out on the other Drum Corps internet sites that Carolina Chrome competed in NY on Saturday and finished tied for 4th really sticks in my craw. I really wish they'd get their facts straight.

What? They finished third? 😄

Nothing new to drum corps; this has been going on since I marched in the late 90's, and with some corps (Cadets, for ex) I think this has been going on for, like, ever.

True. I know the Cavaliers started this trend at the beginning of the century where they would change the ending. It would happen every year and that other corps have caught on and now do it every year too. To be totally honest, Cadets changed ending a bunch in their '92 to Tame the Perilous Skies show. Cavaliers did that in '90 too. Star did the Cross to Cross ending change, what in '91? It wasn't until the early 2000s where it would happen every year.

* I think you could've said, "Cadets changed their ending to almost every show ever."

* FWIW my favorite was in 1995, where it really seemed like every few days they had a different ending. I probably saw that show a dozen times, and if there was a day or two when I didn't see them (i.e. saw them Monday, then again Thursday) the end was different. The end where all the males marched off in a parade block while the females stayed and played a strain of the ballad (or some other slow/somber piece)

* I think you could've said, "Cadets changed their ending to almost every show ever."

* FWIW my favorite was in 1995, where it really seemed like every few days they had a different ending. I probably saw that show a dozen times, and if there was a day or two when I didn't see them (i.e. saw them Monday, then again Thursday) the end was different. The end where all the males marched off in a parade block while the females stayed and played a strain of the ballad (or some other slow/somber piece)

I thought 1989 was the all-time record for most Cadets endings? I had a roommate in that one and it was hilarious to hear him reminisce. "Oh yeah, the peace sign where we all fell down dead. That lasted about half a day..."

I thought 1989 was the all-time record for most Cadets endings? I had a roommate in that one and it was hilarious to hear him reminisce. "Oh yeah, the peace sign where we all fell down dead. That lasted about half a day..."

That could be; I've also head a plethora of stories about changes to that show. While some people say stuff like "if the season would've gone one week longer Cadets would've won in 92!" but in this case I think it would be safe to say, "if the season had gone one week longer Cadets would've tried 8 more different endings in 89 (or 95 maybe)" :tounge2:

Edited by perc2100