Carolina Crown 2014

I love Crown too, Cappybara. I like the brass arrangements for the 2014 production. But, the staff is stymied as to how to make this show cleaner and better, ergo, the word disaster seems appropriate based upon the talent level this corps now has.

Listened to this show again... I'm not understanding the decision for the musical arrangements in the new closer... It somehow sounds even more incomplete than it did before. It's sorta.... anticlimatic and empty. I love this corps and this show but I hope this closer is just another placeholder.

If I were Crown I'd just say #### it. We're in 5th coming out of San Antonio. Still get a beast of a brass section.....show is getting knocked. Whatever...

Throw in some Also Sprach at the end. Bring out the wormholes......and have a guard member pull John out wearing least year's uniform. THE END. Placement doesn't matter at this point.

Edited by DCImonkey
  • Like 5

If I were Crown I'd just say #### it. We're in 5th coming out of San Antonio. Still get a beast of a brass section.....show is getting knocked. Whatever...

Throw in some Also Sprach at the end. Bring out the wormholes......and have a guard member pull John out wearing least year's uniform. THE END. Placement doesn't matter at this point.

I'm tellin' ya -- throw in some alien abduction scenarios and reptilian shape-changer conspiracies.

Couldn't hurt. :-)

That actually sounds awesome. Time warp?

Hey -

I just wanted to share a thought that's been on my mind since first watching the Crown preview show a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to say that it's really cool all the risks Carolina Crown is taking this season and the general spirit of exploring new territory in drum corps. Winning your first Championship definitely affords you some opportunity, and it's cool that the staff has decided to be so adventurous.

We definitely cannot accuse Crown of being boring or safe. Kudos guys, it's great to see groups push boundaries or just try new things to see what will work. I, for one, appreciate it very much.

I have a lot of respect for CC's staff, and I trust that this year has been a great learning experience for staff & members alike.

It's pretty awe-inspiring what the corps has put on the field in recent years. Nice work.

• Like 4

Don't agree. Just to repeat...

Don't agree. In case it wasn't clear..

Don't agree.

• Like 1

Why not? It's pretty exciting. It's familiar, and if it seems like going to the well....who cares? When you stop worrying about the numbers it really frees you up to do whatever you want.

A wormhole essentially is a timeportal. It makes sense

Why not? It's pretty exciting. It's familiar, and if it seems like going to the well....who cares? When you stop worrying about the numbers it really frees you up to do whatever you want.

A wormhole essentially is a timeportal. It makes sense

Why stop at last year? Why not bring the horses back from 2007?

There are no HORSES in space.....What is this? Planet of the Apes? :)

• Like 1