I read the book in high school. I watched the show. Doesnt make any sense to me and just watching the VOD the masks could easily be changed to face paint because you cant read it from the stands. Or I juat have really bad eyes.

The 3d masks read well from the stands. Painted faces would not look the same.

actually 7s are and have been pretty common for many many years already with most corps. BD and crown hit those 8s in the past already also BUT I think no matter how large the eye holes are it will just take a little adjustment and it will be fine. Something on your face changes perspective a bit. Its like standing on a platform or ramp and tossing...way different perspective when something leaves your hands....just takes a little time and it will be A-OK

The other night at Boston show BC rife person standing on one of the props fell off and drop her rife. just saying. I was at Lawance all day yesterday and they were hitting the tosses with no problem.

The other night at Boston show BC rife person standing on one of the props fell off and drop her rife. just saying. I was at Lawance all day yesterday and they were hitting the tosses with no problem.

its a whole different perspective when something leave your hands...just takes time

its a whole different perspective when something leave your hands...just takes time

When you do a performance in competition, its ALL " out of your hands".

Edited by BRASSO

As has been mentioned a bunch of times, both on this thead and others, BAC's show is NOT a literal retelling of Orwell's novel chapter by chapter. It is just using his Animal Farm concept to package the music, most of which is Russian of that period of time (early/mid 20th century). The guard masks and costuming as well as the opening "farm fence", animal sounds, flag silks, etc are there to set the stage. In the end, though, it is the great musical literature combined with the high velocity drill moves which is the focal point. I would just suggest to sit back, relax, and enjoy some great music and visual.

Devils advocate on this one (literally)

When BD did shows with great music,drill, and didnt make sense people blew a casket yet tons love this show. Is the only reason because they are BD?

I may have missed some of the sounds and its early season. I think they are on the next VOD so maybe there will be big changes and itll click more. Maybe they can use a barn prop :tongue:

When BD did shows with great music,drill, and didnt make sense people blew a casket yet tons love this show. Is the only reason because they are BD?

Probably..

Edited by BRASSO

Yes Craiga, this is another show like Rise that needs more time to make it cleaner and I believe they will, but I found it odd that today's FB photos do not show the cg practicing with their masks. Using a sports analogy, I've always believed in "practicing game conditions".

Sure would make for interesting tan lines...

• Like 1

Devils advocate on this one (literally)

I may have missed some of the sounds and its early season. I think they are on the next VOD so maybe there will be big changes and itll click more. Maybe they can use a barn prop :tongue:

All I can say about BD is it is lonely at the top...

I haven't always been a fan of everything that BAC designs from year to year...although I will always support them in their endeavors...What I specifically really enjoy about this years show that is different from years' past is that it is very open to personal interpretation...I like the fact that it is not one dimensional...

Also the talent level at BAC is off the charts for them IMO...and anyone who has criticized BAC for playing it SAFE....I'd say that would be a tough sell on them this year...

• Like 1

All I can say about BD is it is lonely at the top...

I haven't always been a fan of everything that BAC designs from year to year...although I will always support them in their endeavors...What I specifically really enjoy about this years show that is different from years' past is that it is very open to personal interpretation...I like the fact that it is not one dimensional...

Also the talent level at BAC is off the charts for them IMO...and anyone who has criticized BAC for playing it SAFE....I'd say that would be a tough sell on them this year...

yeah the drill looks really hard but may be to hard. Do they rewrite or try to clean. Its the same as Phantom10 or BS 12 with crazy hard drill that could never be cleaned.

The drill leading up to the ballad, starting with the collapsing and unfolding triangles into the company front into the moving block to the endzone is absolutely ridiculously hard and will be ####### awesome when it's clean. DAYUMN. :sadlike: I would not be scared to say that's the hardest visual program in the top 12.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1