Boston typically loses two whole days of their move ins because of their annual Spring Fling, followed by the Flag Day parade in Charlestown Ma. This year they included Concert in the Park on Thursday night of that same weekend. While this always puts them a little behind, its important for them to see the history of the corps, meet alumni, and bond outside of their normal move in experience. This show will come together and will be a crowd favorite!

• Like 2

Boston typically loses two whole days of their move ins because of their annual Spring Fling, followed by the Flag Day parade in Charlestown Ma. This year they included Concert in the Park on Thursday night of that same weekend. While this always puts them a little behind, its important for them to see the history of the corps, meet alumni, and bond outside of their normal move in experience. This show will come together and will be a crowd favorite!

Most corps have annual commitments that take time away from rehearsals. Some corps have had weather issues after their move ins. This alum does not like excuses and believes in ATD and hard work. Their instructors are top people and together with their techs (if they allow them to speak up and make corrections), this years hard show will jell. Edited by Ghost

The drill leading up to the ballad, starting with the collapsing and unfolding triangles into the company front into the moving block to the endzone is absolutely ridiculously hard and will be ####### awesome when it's clean. DAYUMN. :sadlike:I would not be scared to say that's the hardest visual program in the top 12.

There are probably a couple contenders other for that honor, but Boston should definitely be included among them. Of course, difficulty by itself is insufficient.

Watching the Lawrence video again (which, I would repeat, is terrible for audio), I noticed they had some trouble with the two circles at the start of the ballad.

Most corps have annual commitments that take time away from rehearsals. Some corps have had weather issues after their move ins. This alum does not like excuses and believes in ATD and hard work. Their instructors are top people and together with their techs (if they allow them to speak up and make corrections), this years hard show will jell.

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean, so won't dignify it with a direct response. I will, however, suggest that THIS alum has been present at 8 days of rehearsals (including both move-in and as recently as last week on tour). This drum corps, its members and staff are working incredibly hard to perfect this top realm product, which is getting better with every day.

Their rehearsal etiquette has been both professional and productive at every rehearal which I have been fortunate enough to witness. Both the pacing of rehearsal and the tech input on every rep is top rate. Corrections after reps are made first by the box, then by the field, and that is entirely consistent with the way all of the top corps are taught, including the Cadets, whom I watched rehearse the day of the Chambersburg show. In fact ,I actually watched both BAC and Cadets rehearse the same day, and the rehearsal etiquette for both corps was identical.

I would remind you that many BAC members read dcp and this thread in particular. I would suggest that you might well remember that, before suggesting anyone is making excuses of any kind. THIS ALUM could not be more proud of the members, staff, and management of this drum corps at this time.

I trust and hope that all BAC alums would share this view. The corps' first show was only 10 days ago. Good grief.

• Like 5

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean, so won't dignify it with a direct response. I will, however, suggest that THIS alum has been present at 8 days of rehearsals (including both move-in and as recently as last week on tour). This drum corps, its members and staff are working incredibly hard to perfect this top realm product, which is getting better with every day.

Their rehearsal etiquette has been both professional and productive at every rehearal which I have been fortunate enough to witness. Both the pacing of rehearsal and the tech input on every rep is top rate. Corrections after reps are made first by the box, then by the field, and that is entirely consistent with the way all of the top corps are taught, including the Cadets, whom I watched rehearse the day of the Chambersburg show. In fact ,I actually watched both BAC and Cadets rehearse the same day, and the rehearsal etiquette for both corps was identical.

I would remind you that many BAC members read dcp and this thread in particular. I would suggest that you might well remember that, before suggesting anyone is making excuses of any kind. THIS ALUM could not be more proud of the members, staff, and management of this drum corps at this time.

I trust and hope that all BAC alums would share this view. The corps' first show was only 10 days ago. Good grief.

Staff is very talented and professional as it has been over the years. I have met many of the staff member's you would be surprised how diverse the staff is. But you can read that info on Boston web site. Keep a open mind. IMO this show is demanding show to perform and i would think a hard show to judge as well.

Craiga: My response was to what NYSader posted, whom I felt was making excuses. Your reply must be a result of the history of my replies about the Crusaders, because the above post was not meant and does not seem to me to be negative.

I've found some of the more recent responses interesting. Personally, I thought BAC's score was a bit low given what Spirit received and Bluecoats received. I also thought Bloo should have been closer to Cadets and Crown, but Crusaders should have received a 75 or so. However, given that BAC had to wait at least ten minutes to begin due to problems with an electrical outlet at the stadium, we really can't expect the show to have been perfect. A delayed start can throw the performance of even the best of them. I have yet to see the Fan Network video, but from the view from Section J, seat 2, they looked great. There were some jitters and errors, but I attribute that more to the delayed start.

Also, giving the corps time is not the same as making excuses. Most years BAC's shows are a work in progress. That's one of the reasons following BAC can be exciting. However if we look at three shows of their recent past: 2011's Revolution, 2012's Titans, and 2013's Rise, only 2012 was ready from the starting point. I do have confidence the show will be amazing, and I base it not just on history but passion. These kids believe in that show. Another reason to love BAC--the kids. They are approachable which is not the case with some corps and they love talking about their shows. I do worry the judges "won't buy it" based on some of the way off judging thus far (either feast or famine in my opinion), but I have faith BAC will pull it off.

Just wanted to express my appreciation:

The running block right before the solo = ballsy! :thumbup:

I've found some of the more recent responses interesting. Personally, I thought BAC's score was a bit low given what Spirit received and Bluecoats received. I also thought Bloo should have been closer to Cadets and Crown, but Crusaders should have received a 75 or so. However, given that BAC had to wait at least ten minutes to begin due to problems with an electrical outlet at the stadium, we really can't expect the show to have been perfect. A delayed start can throw the performance of even the best of them. I have yet to see the Fan Network video, but from the view from Section J, seat 2, they looked great. There were some jitters and errors, but I attribute that more to the delayed start.

Also, giving the corps time is not the same as making excuses. Most years BAC's shows are a work in progress. That's one of the reasons following BAC can be exciting. However if we look at three shows of their recent past: 2011's Revolution, 2012's Titans, and 2013's Rise, only 2012 was ready from the starting point. I do have confidence the show will be amazing, and I base it not just on history but passion. These kids believe in that show. Another reason to love BAC--the kids. They are approachable which is not the case with some corps and they love talking about their shows. I do worry the judges "won't buy it" based on some of the way off judging thus far (either feast or famine in my opinion), but I have faith BAC will pull it off.

Tim K, you are spot on. I think it is also worth pointing out that there have been a large number of people here on dcp who are not necessarily traditional Boston fans, and who are, in fact, aligned with other corps who have been giving BAC major props for stepping out of the box. The truly savvy folks recognize the fact that Boston is moving heaven and earth these days to scrape their way into a higher bracket, both on and off the field.

When we have folks with Bluecoats, Crown and Cadets signatures on their profiles congratulating the corps, that should be indicative of something great going on. Nobody can accuse BAC of being content with the past 7th/8th place neighborhood in which they've recently found themselves. One can say that Animal Farm isn't their cup of tea. Noone can say that it is NOT different, however.

• Like 1

Tim K, you are spot on. I think it is also worth pointing out that there have been a large number of people here on dcp who are not necessarily traditional Boston fans, and who are, in fact, aligned with other corps who have been giving BAC major props for stepping out of the box. The truly savvy folks recognize the fact that Boston is moving heaven and earth these days to scrape their way into a higher bracket, both on and off the field.

When we have folks with Bluecoats, Crown and Cadets signatures on their profiles congratulating the corps, that should be indicative of something great going on. Nobody can accuse BAC of being content with the past 7th/8th place neighborhood in which they've recently found themselves. One can say that Animal Farm isn't their cup of tea. Noone can say that it is NOT different, however.

I absolutely agree with this...Innovation or as I like to think of it as "out of the box" design is definitely apparent in this show...This idea has been many of a discussion on here at DCP for corps like BD and such...It is nice to see that Bloo and BAC are leading the charge in this regard this season...

Edited by Liahona