me thinks:

doesn't look like it's making sense for the judges. they have reached, scratch that, revealed their intellectual limit. the judges have plateaued, not the BAC.

Seems like the strongest reason. But those with access to the corps have not mentioned that they are still changing drill. They will score better this weekend (as all corps will), but probably not enough to move pass the corps ahead of them. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well here we are. The past several weeks or toil , discussions, arguements, sweat, soreness exhaustion, elation, success for all mm's, staff members, DCP'rs. Who's surge is done? Who's has begun? Who's predictions back in May will come to pass? How far off were some. Way off I bet,? For BAC I wish you all the best these next few days. Congratulations to the kids, staff and leadership. You created and performed an innovative program, generating many interpretations and opinions. You invested in the future without sacrificing the heritage of The Boston Crusaders. We alumni are without question, extremely proud of you all. To the MM's look beside you to see who you do this for. You are Giants. Good luck and have your next three performances be the very best of your lives.

• Like 4

Good luck tonight Boston.

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S. Ellot.

• Like 2

It's more than merely interesting that no one had seen the Animal Farm and the worker analogies for what they are: DCI itself.

The members on the line, of any DCI --what some on these forums call "kids" -- are the workers, disguised within the book's symbols and motifs. In regard to DCI, BAC is doing more than just the G7 in this show. Like from start to end.

Just start at the beginning and try it on that way.

---

I'm at Indy. Saw vandy and Atlanta shows, plus everything on TFN... and here in the Oil Can, BAC clearly, and in one big improvement, marched their best show so far all season, even if a couple of things didn't go right, so it will be better better better in semis and finals.

I'm at Indy. Saw vandy and Atlanta shows, plus everything on TFN... and here in the Oil Can, BAC clearly, and in one big improvement, marched their best show so far all season, even if a couple of things didn't go right, so it will be better better better in semis and finals.

Let's hope so. The previous four results did not help.

Last night was an incredible show by BAC. It was by far their cleanest, most energetic performance to date, and I am so proud of all the members and staff. Look for a rise in placement tonight!

• Like 1

Last night was an incredible show by BAC. It was by far their cleanest, most energetic performance to date, and I am so proud of all the members and staff. Look for a rise in placement tonight!

If they would stop given out free GE, VA and guard points for props and single person performances BAC would be in the top 5.

Let's hope so. The previous four results did not help.

no it surely didn't. it seems the mid-season change in scoring on GE is really flawed. Most of the time such changes are considered over time. This seems to have been a unilateral, quick, deliberate attempt from the DCI admin to put way too much emphasis on entertainment value instead of education and art.

If it's only for entertainment, then it's lowest common denominator, which demands a fairly dumb show with lots of references to nationalism, American songs, flags, God, Simple drills that make people go Woo, and stuff that looks cool but is not particularly difficult, and plenty of feel-good salary-raiser music, as they are called by many ensemble directors.

If DCI wants to appeal the mass audience, then they will have to abandon any innovation at all. The mass audience is your average person in Walmart. or Big Lots.

I mean, really, the best way to appeal to the mass audience is to really push the drum line battles. Do it at halftime during major football games. Be innovative in marketing, not changing this critical educational tool, unique in the world. It doesn't help to change what they're asking of the corps.

That is not marketing.

That is misguided management at the very top of DCI.

supersaderfan I thank you for that honest and OMG story of BAC history. thank you. My son and I are probably going to be with the Crusaders for all five years. I love all of the corps, but Boston is the one that's brave enough to say something about their own DCI and entire situation. They are truly Giants.