Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Blue devils need to stop acting so hipster I mean they are not as chill and interesting as they think they are. Next season they'll don fedoras and claim nice guys finish last.

He has a habit for nitpicking on things people dont give a crap about. He did it to the Cadets too. Atleast he's consistent. I cant wait to read his take on Crown. It'll be comedy gold.

And by "people" you mean designers who have spent months carefully selecting and stylizing their drill sets, choreography, narrative arcs and musical selections. You can't really believe they "dont (sic) "give a crap". I just witnessed a two hour guard rehearsal where the BD guard worked for 30 minutes on posture and hand placement alone, in order to evoke the proper mood in their tambourine dance.

I love that to many, the Blue Devils can do nothing right.

They do music that is innovative, risky, edgy, avant garde, they're criticized. They play beautiful melodies, pop tunes, well known music, they're criticized.

For those of you that have a problem with them, what show would you like to see them do.

I mean, they've given us Carpe Noctem, Big Bad and Blue, As Time Goes By, the Godfather, Method's of Madness, the reWrite of Spring, Dada, Burt Bacharach, Club Blue A Gangster Chronicle, Felliniesque, and those shows, to name just a few are so absurdly different from one another, and cross so many borders of genres, yet people still come on here and just blast them.

So please, instead of criticizing my post, tell me what they should do.

• Like 1

They are not risking absurdity. People rag on their shows because they are absurd and it gets old; everything they do eventually boils down to dada.

They are not risking absurdity. People rag on their shows because they are absurd and it gets old; everything they do eventually boils down to dada.

How is this year's show absurd, or last year's, or the year before, or the year before that?

Please explain.

Kids are playing, marching, spinning, there's some props, sometimes narration.

So then what Crown, the Cadets, etc. are doing must also be absurd then, right?

Which happens to be my 2nd favorite show by them right behind Through a Glass, Darkly.

I think BD shows are brilliant and I hope they continue to stick to their niche of innovative prop driven shows with a modern twist.

• Like 1

How is this year's show absurd, or last year's, or the year before, or the year before that?

Please explain.

Kids are playing, marching, spinning, there's some props, sometimes narration.

So then what Crown, the Cadets, etc. are doing must also be absurd then, right?

Crown and cadets don't do absurd things as often as BD does. Crown had annoying elements to their show last year that bordered on absurdity.

BD's shows from the last 6 years are so esoteric that they are absurd to the common fan.

2012's dada show was designed to be absurd.

And #######, just look at 2014's guard uniforms :x

Edited by Anstig

I honestly think this year's production is 10x easier to follow than the past 3 or 4 years.

Like I said earlier, I'm usually not a fan of BD's shows until way after the season is over, but I honestly have to say I absolutely adore this show. It's the first time I can ever say I'll be fine with BD taking gold this year.