DrumScorps - coming soon to Windows Phone

I don't. Android is a mess.

Have to agree with you from a development standpoint. The IDE is the most miserable thing to work with.

Have to agree with you from a development standpoint. The IDE is the most miserable thing to work with.

Yeah exactly what I'm referring to. Developing for Android is awful. I personally am not a fan of the whole "Don't like it? Use a 3rd party app instead!" approach to the OS either but that's a discussion for somewhere else.

Good news! DrumScorps has passed certification! It usually takes a few hours after passing certification before the app is available in the store. I will post download links here once it is available in the store.

2yyz2hh.png

• Like 1

Good news! DrumScorps has passed certification! It usually takes a few hours after passing certification before the app is available in the store. I will post download links here once it is available in the store.

2yyz2hh.png

This is so great!!! Thank you!

I created a service that parses the dci.org scores page and extracts event and score information from the raw HTML. The service then converts the data to a cleaner format (XML) and uploads these XML files to a web server. The DrumScorps app then uses these XML files to get event and score info. The service runs about once every 15 minutes so once the scores are posted on dci.org, they will be available in the app in no more than 15 minutes.

Parsing raw HTML is not the easiest or most reliable way to get the scores (if dci.org changes their HTML structure, I have to update my service) but as far as I could tell, is the only way to get the info at this time. Sure would be nice if DCI had a web service that could be queried for the scores, but I'm pretty sure I'm dreamin' on that one :smile:

Makes sense. I've been fiddling around with Android development so if there's enough demand for an Android app for scores, I could try to knock one out.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention. The trial version of the app is full featured, just contains a small ad at the bottom of the screen. $0.99 gets rid of the ads if you want.

Edited by drewboo127

Maybe I'll tackle an Android version, been a few years since I've written for Android so would be a good way to get back into it.

• Like 1