2014 Cavaliers

Cavies tend to clean up very well. I think the show is much stronger this year than the past few so passing SCV for 5th? Possible...

I'm really curious what people thing who have seen them recently ( within the last several days)

Saw them last Saturday in Madison. Forms are much cleaner, marching technique has been tightened up further, and the horn line is doing a much better job of supporting the phrases (the fallouts on long notes have been greatly reduced). The show always had more GE and Analysis potential than Regiment's, so I wasn't surprised to see them push past. Until they see SCV head to head, it's going to be hard to know who's really in the driver's seat for the 5 spot, since program design wise, they're both equally solid (neither is championship material, but neither are either 9th place stuff).

• Like 1

Cavies tend to clean up very well. I think the show is much stronger this year than the past few so passing SCV for 5th? Possible...

It is not an if, only a when.

• Like 1

Saw them last Saturday in Madison. Forms are much cleaner, marching technique has been tightened up further, and the horn line is doing a much better job of supporting the phrases (the fallouts on long notes have been greatly reduced). The show always had more GE and Analysis potential than Regiment's, so I wasn't surprised to see them push past. Until they see SCV head to head, it's going to be hard to know who's really in the driver's seat for the 5 spot, since program design wise, they're both equally solid (neither is championship material, but neither are either 9th place stuff).

Not surprised to see the brass improvement. I think the new staff just needed some time to gel with the kids on the road. Several championships and brass trophies with this group, so I'm guessing these guys will be playing with the big boys by season's end.

The entire corps is finding that Cavies 'swag' again and it's nice to see. DCI is better when the classic corps are good!

Edited by trumpetcam

So,

Cavaliers seem to be surging a little, getting past Phantom Regiment and getting into the realm of scores that look similar to Bluecoats, SCV, and maybe Crown.

What has changed in their show since Indy a couple of weeks ago to cause this surge?

Are they just cleaning up, or has there been something added in addition to the cleaning up of the show?

I'm really curious what people think who have seen them recently ( within the last several days)

My thoughts exactly... This is exciting! They have a very good shot at just about anything right now if they can execute and just perform the heck out of that show!

Last week I was certain that the Cavies would not pass Vanguard this year. Now I'm not so sure. The show is really great and there is marked improvement every time they perform.

I'm not sure about Vanguard's visual now that they've put a complete show on the field. It seems a bit subdued compared to years past.

Last week I was certain that the Cavies would not pass Vanguard this year. Now I'm not so sure. The show is really great and there is marked improvement every time they perform.

I'm not sure about Vanguard's visual now that they've put a complete show on the field. It seems a bit subdued compared to years past.

I've said they would pass scv before and people looked at me funny but now I am all the more confident that they will indeed. Immortal is so much more interesting to watch and experience. I've heard they still have much to unveil.
  • Like 1

I've said they would pass scv before and people looked at me funny but now I am all the more confident that they will indeed. Immortal is so much more interesting to watch and experience. I've heard they still have much to unveil.

I'm still placing them at least fourth. However, I'm starting to lean more towards a medal spot this season. Call me crazy, but it feels like Mad World. Who knows what will happen come finals

Anyone else feel the similarity between this show and 2009's the great divide? I think there are some great similarities but I'm not exactly sure how to explain them.

I don't believe they will pass Vanguard. SCV has a superior drum line and especially guard and probably stronger GE. Only time will tell.