Sunday's Crown performance

I mean Blue Stars have trolleys and tarps on the field but the tarps are supposed to segment like a house from what ive been told and saw in the quadcopter.

Add one more to the list.

The question I'm wondering is how many props are too many? Is it the size of the prop more than the number of props? I dunno, I just feel like there's a little pot calling the kettle copper going on here.

That's just me, It's all good.

More than the show, my major takeaway from the feed:

The Crown organization is incredible. The director knows how to assemble a staff and keep them happy (or so it seems).

I wish a team in Rockford would take note...

• Like 3

I took a second to go back and look at the whole stream, and I realized that there is some rehearsal footage taken from a MUCH better vantage point that really shows off the great drill writing. If you just watched the runthrough you should go back and check it out!

• Like 1

Add one more to the list.

The question I'm wondering is how many props are too many? Is it the size of the prop more than the number of props? I dunno, I just feel like there's a little pot calling the kettle copper going on here.

That's just me, It's all good.

the trolleys are for the guard and to resemble moving in i think so I dont know if its completely PROPS.

Just watched the show 4 times. I have to say, after seeing the preview clips earlier and seeing a couple of leaked videos, I was not expecting to like this show. And watching the preshow live I had a dreadful feeling and was reminded of the intro from last years show. However once they had their first hit I really enjoyed most of the rest of the show. Brass is extremely good for this early in the season. Guard seems fairly good as well. I am surprised how much they focus on their percussion section this year. Some unusual uses for new percussion equipment for a unique sound, but could probably shorten that section just a bit. On the first viewing I was not impressed with the ballad at all, but began to almost warm up to it by the 3rd time. It just seems like it is missing something. Again season hasn't begun so I am sure there are MANY changes coming. Overall musically a very nice show. The new uniforms are interesting. The guard in purple and the corps in blue gives it kind of an unusual look. It looks like the blue uniforms could be a pain in the butt this year. When they showed a close up after the show, it looked like one of the uniforms was showing sweat stains, and seemed to have some dirt/dust marks already. As much rolling around on the ground as Crown does, I am not sure that is going to be a good color for them this year. The props are interesting. Not sure I like the trampoline idea, although I understand the concept. And when the girl with the flag at the end did a back flip with the flag in her hand I just kept thinking how that is a good way to poke an eye out. Simply for the fact you get a show/rehearsal where the sun is in your eye, or you are just a bit off balance when you start the flip, you are just asking for problems. And while this show doesn't scream championship to me(at this time), I do not see this placing below 3rd. I also didn't see Cadets as a show screaming championship either last week. But again it is so early in the season. Only 3 more days until the first competition. I think it will be an awesome show, with Crown winning brass and music GE, and Cadets will probably take percussion, guard, and visual GE.

To be clear, you personally attacked me first. Something mature about my debating skills. And I'm okay with it.

And I didn't ignore your points: I said "you haven't demonstrated anything to me." I still don't agree with you - you have done nothing to convince me, and you don't need to. I still stand by my points about 2014 being a replica of 2013. And you don't agree.

I don't, however, claim undying love for Crown. I can be critical of them. But apparently just around those who are reasonable.

To be crystal clear , that would be incorrect. The debating skill comment was specifically in reply to:

But obviously, you're right. Because you're a fan. Or something.

So you win the first personal attack game. Go you :-)

Edited by corpsband

More than the show, my major takeaway from the feed:

The Crown organization is incredible. The director knows how to assemble a staff and keep them happy (or so it seems).

I wish a team in Rockford would take note...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

As part of the prop clutter stuff I went back and looked at the show again.

So most of the "clutter" are actual concert bass drums. Wow, I bet that sounds really REALLY interesting live and in person!

I couldn't tell much visually, due to the rather low camera angle. I know virtually nothing about percussion (at least what sets apart "good" from "great"), so no comment there.

Musically, I was entertained. And that's all that I really ask for. So, mission accomplished, AFAIC.