Show of Shows Rockford

yeah i wonder why you cant tarp the grass fields.

You can. Crown uses tarps in their show and they have been used on a grass field before. My best guess is that they wish to keep them as close to clean as possible and that's next to impossible on natural grass.

Same as it ever was? Oh, you mean that maybe the Scouts were dirty in certain captions compared to the corps above them? NO, that's not possible!

It HAS to be a conspiracy of the judges, who get their direct orders from the G7. Where you even at the show? Well, that wouldn't

matter anyway, because every friggin' year, you are on here with the same knee-jerk reaction and because of your green colored glasses, and entitlement

attitude (Scouts are superior to everyone and automatically deserve to be top 5 regardless). By the way, I've watched their dress rehearsal numerous times, their

drill is very slow moving and somewhat simplistic compared to Cavies, Phantom and Crown - especially in the opener (you may not like it, but that's how the sheets are written....speed and complexity/layering are rewarded) The guard, was very dirty....but with some focus and hard work, can clean big time. Don't know how much cleaner they were tonight, but that is a major caption these days and if you're dirty it's going to bite you. The encouraging thing in all captions; the rep scores were significantly higher than the execution scores....that means they have room to grow and improve. In previous years, it was the reverse. They were relatively clean early, but maxed out on content. When other corps caught up to them on cleaning, they passed the Scouts just after mid-season. I think with this show, the Scouts have a vehicle that can catch up to, and pass some

corps that are now in front of them. Also, they have a great drum line....and there was no drum judge tonight. Overall, I think there's great potential for Madison to move

up in the rankings. More importantly, they have a show that pleases the crowd and screams Madison. Last year's show left me a little flat in some areas. The closer rocked in an epic way, but the middle felt a little WGI-ish for my taste. This year's production is engaging from top to bottom!

In through the nose, out through the mouth.It's gonna be ok.... Take a deep breath.

• Like 1

yeah i wonder why you cant tarp the grass fields.

It is actually in the DCI rulebook...

In through the nose, out through the mouth.It's gonna be ok.... Take a deep breath.

Scouts will be just fine. Their hornline is very good. I have no clue about the visual, but I'm sure they know they need to be good visually when they're wearing all white.

• Like 3

yeah thats what they said. Does it say the reason or they were just like no tarps.

Mandarins 1993 used two tarps on the field in Jackson, MS. The heat from the sun killed the grass under the tarps. Granted, most corps aren't performing under direct sunlight like they were. However, you simply can't risk any type of damage to the grass if you want to keep the show site for years to come.

Edited by PioneerWebmaster

yeah thats what they said. Does it say the reason or they were just like no tarps.

" To prevent damage to the natural grass fields used by DCI for its competitions, the use of 'nonporous' covering material, (such as plastic, vinyl, etc.) placed in contact with the natural grass on any competitive field is prohibited."

• Like 1

Yeah, I hear ya...I just get tired of hearing the same "judges have it in for Madison" year after year. Based on usually nothing other than

the drinking of the green kool-aide. And admittedly, I am a Madison homer. I just wish that some fans and alumni could be a little

more objective and not take it as a personal slight when the judges don't see it like they do.

Edited by Nine White Russians
  • Like 3