DCI West - Stanford, CA

No standing Os, and yes the shows were generally boring. This is Coats' year I think. Someone on the East Coast will win.

I watched the Fan Networkk webcast of DCI West...& I havent heard that much "Golf clapping" in a long time. Was there even 1 stannding ovation during a corps performance? Boooring shows from every corps. Whatever happened to show endings? Seemed like every show ended abruptly & it was hard to tell if they were done or perhaps the big finish was coming...which it never did. Except for Madison & Troopers, I havent seeen a show that really excites the crowd. Zzzzz.....

With regards to the broadcast, will someone PLEASE tell Brandt Crocker to stop talking during the corps performances with his mic on? You could hear him talking to people & a couple of times he was yelling someones name as if he needed some help or guidance with timing his announcements.

When Bluecoats start beating the top corps..... then get back to me. Otherwise stop hyping them unless you can back it up. We all know the history of Bluecoats choking.

I seem to remember that in the not too distant past they did beat top corps.

Edited by Lincoln

BD and SCV were not boring in the least. The crowd was standing at the end of SCV's shows (which ended abruptly since it was incomplete) and BD got their best response in years.

• Like 1

Do I have a dirty mind or do SCV's back field props look kinda like... you know...

So glad you posted what I was thinking.

Oh and BTW, the ending that SCV played. That's missing about 2 minutes of music similar to the 2004 show. They played it at the BBQ, but didn't even play it at a standstill last night.

That's why it is confusing some of you.

Is it an extremely difficult program that SCV is missing 2 minutes of their show?

• Like 1

I watched the Fan Networkk webcast of DCI West...& I havent heard that much "Golf clapping" in a long time. Was there even 1 stannding ovation during a corps performance? Boooring shows from every corps. Whatever happened to show endings? Seemed like every show ended abruptly & it was hard to tell if they were done or perhaps the big finish was coming...which it never did. Except for Madison & Troopers, I havent seeen a show that really excites the crowd. Zzzzz.....

With regards to the broadcast, will someone PLEASE tell Brandt Crocker to stop talking during the corps performances with his mic on? You could hear him talking to people & a couple of times he was yelling someones name as if he needed some help or guidance with timing his announcements.

Lol, yes I heard that too. Thank God he wasn't saying " why the hell can't Clara finish her dam show for the season opener?"

When Bluecoats start beating the top corps..... then get back to me. Otherwise stop hyping them unless you can back it up. We all know the history of Bluecoats choking.

Takes me back to RAMD...

It's America and you have this right.

Just wonder what makes you so angry, or sound so angry, or what makes you think anyone cares...

• Like 1

I saw the BBQ pre-show for BD and SCV, it was amazing. Very impressed. Then the shows went on. For me, the Bluecoats and Cadets shows this year keep me entertained -- you know, not drifting off looking at my wife's hot body, but instead glued to the field not realizing I am watching a show. There are a bunch of shows that family and friends can be very proud of this year. But when we are talking about promoting DCI to the public, stick to the Cadets and Bluecoats this year. Just a different league. ;)

BD and SCV were not boring in the least. The crowd was standing at the end of SCV's shows (which ended abruptly since it was incomplete) and BD got their best response in years.

Edited by superOOk