Tone down the scale of Props!

I remember Pio doing that in Oliver back when, and while it did feel kind of cheap, for them it made a lot of sense since they didn't have numbers for full field coverage. I don't really remember any corps last night in the theater using them to restrict performance space - if anything, they just scooted forms around them.

Mike

• Like 1

no such thing as easy button. sure you are entitled to an opinion just show how props are an easy button. I have written shows with no props and shows with over 40 large props directly on the field...Much harder with props. the easy button is no props. Dont have to work around anything

True. And ditto.

• Like 1

...Do doves being released count as props? In that case my old (competing) corps did that at 1980 DCA Finals. All the doves were released but not all flew away.... oooops.... Still talked about at times but not for infamous (not famous) reasons....

My old corps went down the same road.

skybirds_zps70e306ae.jpg

Hence the saying: "Birds don't fly in DCI"...

My beloved SR utilized the 10 yards of Rainbow almost 35 years ago, so I'm not exactly the guy who has a lot of room to be critical of props...

"FLY #### YOU! FLY"..... LOL Sure long stories for both cases.

Just thought of an earlier use of props which I saw in 1976 (or was it 1975). Ct Hurricanes came on the field and there are two boxes about 3x3 feet and about 6 ft high placed at the back of the field. Each box has a guy in uniform next to it and when the corps was marching those two guys marcked time. Ye olde tic system and yes the judges checked once in a while that they were marking time. So what the heck was this all about????? The end of the show the Hurccs played circus music and big fianale was the tops of the boxes were opened and 100s of balloons (in corps colors natch) were released. Pretty cool until you saw it too many times.....LOL

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The good news is: All these props will provide fodder "aplenty" for the Great Drum Corps Props Sale usually held after Finals on these pages.