Action Jackson!

It is significant that Prosperie called it Bc over Cadets - last year's high percussion.

As I said a couple of days ago...it only takes one judge to start the inertia. This gives them a foothold to ascend...

• Like 1

Bostons GE 2 score. Hmm.

Yeah, what is up with that??? The difference between those to GE scores is just too far off....if the 2nd judge had them the same as the first, they would have 72.5

Boston's show will grow. I have a feeling the political-ness of their show might put some judges off....although they're not supposed to be biased, since GE is "opinion-based", any judge can get away with giving them any GE score they want, within some reason, and nothing anyone can do about it.

It is significant that Prosperie called it Bc over Cadets - last year's high percussion.

As I said a couple of days ago...it only takes one judge to start the inertia. This gives them a foothold to ascend...

Bluecoats took drums over Cadets last weekend as well. Sort of the status quo right now.

so - Cadets are knocking on 80 and Coats drums are taking it to them right now...

The gaps are interesting - we see how last night's guard score being replaced by tonight's percussion score shrunk the gap

I guess the next full panel show we'll know the actual margin...

The small Coats gap is interesting though - Cadets were about 4 points ahead of Regiment last meeting. Crown was 2 points ahead of Regiment last night. Different shows & panels but that would incline me to believe that Coats have a good shot of taking out Crown

Cadets GE scores are really something. Show is quite effective and the performance level and design quality is really being recognized by the judges

Understatement of the day. Cadets are really something this year. They are performing at an extremely high level this time of year. They seem to have no weaknesses. I wasn't surprised Coats took them in drums although Cadets' drumline is freaking AWESOME. I can totally see it being a tradeoff for the rest of the season. My biggest shock of the day is how great Cadets' guard is.

• Like 2

Bostons GE 2 score. Hmm.

Because its GEMusic, essentially.

Edited by Cleveland1

Euphonium Randy. He's the kid in the pretzel photo Spirit posted today.

Just saw the pic. Great looking kid behind that pretzel!

Sooooo are people still going to make excuses for why bloo perc is beating cadets?

• Like 1

Sooooo are people still going to make excuses for why bloo perc is beating cadets?

Beats me. But from what I saw, they're both pretty competitive so either one of them could take it on any given night. Then again, I'm not a drum judge.

I don't recall any excuses. Link?

We did "excuse" the Cadets beating Crown by only 1 point in drums on opening night due to two missing drummers and a flu bug.

Coats are ahead in drums - VERY mature snare line and VERY good battery overall.

It will be interesting to see if Cadets can close the gap or whether it will stick season-long