Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

To my somewhat trained eye/ear, I think BD beats Bluecoats by AT LEAST 1.5 tonight. They're whole program is being performed at such a high level for July 8. Honestly, I haven't been a fan of what BD has done in the last several year. I've appreciated their talent but not their shows. This one captures me much more and is extremely well executed. I'll tell ya, Cadets and Crown (along with Bloo) have their work cut out for them if they want to beat BD this year. After seeing BD and Bloo together, BD is definitely better right now.

I have to say that one of the things I don't like about BD this year is the new uniforms. I don't get the pink, and there is way to much white in the top. Liked last year's much better.

Watched La Strada for the first time this weekend. Not sure it will help me understand BD's show any better, but it is a great film. The theme by Nino Rota is hauntingly beautiful.

such an amazing film. pretty much anything from fellini is great though

The guard is spectacular!

Agreed! I'm a percussionist and the BD guard captures my attention every single time I see them.

Wow. I love my Bloo...but BD is ridiculously good. Either way...great show overall tonight!

To my somewhat trained eye/ear, I think BD beats Bluecoats by AT LEAST 1.5 tonight. They're whole program is being performed at such a high level for July 8. Honestly, I haven't been a fan of what BD has done in the last several year. I've appreciated their talent but not their shows. This one captures me much more and is extremely well executed. I'll tell ya, Cadets and Crown (along with Bloo) have their work cut out for them if they want to beat BD this year. After seeing BD and Bloo together, BD is definitely better right now.

Well-said... I agree.

Not a knock at all on the other corps, who are wonderful. But BD seems to be playing in a different ballpark than any other corps.

And for me, their show this year is easier to follow without having a doctorate in something. :tongue:

• Like 1