GE Music: Nola Jones
GE Visual: Marie Czapinski
Music Analysis: Caleb Rothe
Music Brass: Wayne Dillon
Music Percussion: Rick Rodriguez
Visual Analysis: Sylvester Sybilski
Visual Proficiency: William Chumley

I see Rick from Pawn Stars gave Chumley the night off to judge - lol

I'm curious to see the impact on the scoring with BD going first. This lineup at this point in the season is asking for funky numbers management.

I hope the respective judges simply score based on what they see and hear...regardless of show order.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see the impact on the scoring with BD going first. This lineup at this point in the season is asking for funky numbers management.

I agree with you. But BD has shown they can overcome performing first. Two years ago at this very same show, BD went on first, and still won by a comfortable margin over Crown. A buddy of mine was at that show in Rockford that evening. He said BD was on fire, almost as if they knew they had to perform lights out to overcome the performance order. We will see if they can repeat that feat tonight. It won't be easy though. Cadets/Crown/Bluecoats are no joke this year.

Blue Devils are an awesome corp, but make no mistake....Cadets are on a mission...they can smell it!

It won't affect their score or placements. This happened several times last year at TOC shows and a mute point.

I thought the TOC show scores last year had much smaller gaps. BD, Crown and Cadets were all very close and then regionals come and the gaps open.

Yeah but the TOC scores the last few years have been so consistently wacky and unreliable relative to the scores that come from normal shows and Saturday nights throughout the season. Shame that the first night everyone meets up competitors perform hours apart.

Kinda thought this to be the case, which is why I asked it from the get go. Looking forward to how BD sounds tonight in that first spot. Seats are in Row 20, so should get a decent read. With Bloo performing 2nd will get a nice compare, not as easy with the long wait for Crown and Cadets. Weather will be perfect. Time to drive now.......

It won't affect their score or placements. This happened several times last year at TOC shows and a mute point.

I dunno... given that score spreads (not placements) have been consistently all over the place so far... I can't envision a score spead outcome that won't seem strange. I'm thinking that either BD will be unusually high... or due to conservation in numbers management scores will stagnate or drop back for a few groups.

When was the last time these judges had to judge BD first? Scores might be a little low because of it.