Drums Along the Rockies 2014

It is simple... the schools don't let out in time in the Northwest.They get an extended break in the winter time (Ski Season) so... it is impossible to do anything much before 6/6 (which is when they started this year) and even then... there are schools that are in until 6/15. This applies to HS and Universities (UW got out 6/12 this year. CWU - 6/12) Last year, our HS went to 6/18 because of snow days. There's just nothing to be done. Very few schools will let students take finals early for the activity... I know because many tried this year.

That's unfortunate. Seems like they're a corps that has a ton of potential to move up in competitiveness. Don't see how they can pull it of with the late start though.

My fairly wise Dad once said... "son, there's more than one way to skin a cat."

This is the first year they've not taken the break after their northwest leg... that's one of the things they're trying this year is more shows before San Antonio. There's also been much more winter work this year. I wouldn't count them out just yet ;-)

That's unfortunate. Seems like they're a corps that has a ton of potential to move up in competitiveness. Don't see how they can pull it of with the late start though.

The Cascades managed once before... sustaining it is what could be difficult, especially if their member base continues to be largely from the pacific northwest.

The question of the night of course is.... why is Beth "Moon Boots" Fabrizio not required to wear the DCI judging attire?