Garden of Eden Prairie, MN

1. 87.55 -- Blue Devils

2. 85.35 -- Bluecoats

3. 77.50 -- Boston Crusaders

4. 65.35 -- Jersey Surf

OC 1. 59.50 -- Legends

OC 2. 41.85 -- Blue Saints

AAC 1. 75.75 -- Minnesota Brass

As usual, I have trouble following the DCA portion of the recaps on DCI sheets, so I'm not sure whether MBI should be worried or not by dropping 1.4 pts. from their score twelve days ago, putting them in fifth place in the standings.

Legends drop slightly from their previous score; Blue Saints slightly more so.

Surf slips more than a point.

Boston climbs 0.85 in three days. Good but I'd like them to improve faster than that.

Bluecoats climb only 0.20 from Ft. Wayne while BD improves by 1.40.

yeah...

not good for Bluecoats or Cadets. With Crown MIA for a few days, they may be in a different place. But look at the recap and compare it to the BD Cadet meeting earlier this week.

It's marginally disconcerting.

Can't lump the Cadets in this one, They got their 87. I've seen Bloo several times this year, They'll be OK.

I saw this coming based on who was judging at the last show and who was judging tonight. I didn't want to say anything to burst everyone's bubble and excitement, but at Fort Wayne you had half the panel that were new judges who I never saw in previous years. Tonight it was a veteran group of judges. They tend to look at things differently than someone who is new to the ranks. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I leave that up to you to debate. I've just seen this happened in so many many seasons since my involvement in the activity. It is what it is. It's difficult to read into scores and I'm sure the margin will shrink. Tomorrow is a new day to get better!

Actually, Boston has quietly increased their score nearly 8 points in the 9 days since Bristol. Using the Bluecoats as a constant (since they are the only corps which BAC has seen every night during this period), Boston has actually closed on the Bluecoats almost 4 full points in this stretch. Will BAC catch Bloo? No. Is BAC on the verge of catching a couple other teams? Quite possibly.

Oh, and for those who were concerned,the chrome Waldos were on the shakos last night. :)

Keep pushing, Boston!

• Like 1

Recap shows that the judges do not find the BD and Bluecoats programs to be competitive at this point. Bummer for the Bluecoats... especially in the GE department where this show is meant to be doing much better. Within 2 point total spread, there is something to work with... outside of that, there is less that can be managed. The only good thing that the Bluecoats have going for them is that they have consistent 2nd place finishes in all captions (meaning that they didn't win any captions AND had a 2 point spread, indicating that they are hurting a great deal in a particular caption).

Judges seem to consistently feel that there is no real competition in Cont. Comp. and Rep. (design). The BD design is on a 'whole other level'.

I wonder if the audience agrees...? Was anybody on here at the show? Any insight?

Or maybe the judges feel there are groups that need to be fit in between BD and Coats hence the spreads especially with regionals coming up. Also, first reads by judges, BD had full panels so far so many more eyes have seen them, understand what they are doing and can see the steady improvements. Edited by theCHEZman

Actually, Boston has quietly increased their score nearly 8 points in the 9 days since Bristol. Using the Bluecoats as a constant (since they are the only corps which BAC has seen every night during this period), Boston has actually closed on the Bluecoats almost 4 full points in this stretch. Will BAC catch Bloo? No. Is BAC on the verge of catching a couple other teams? Quite possibly.

Oh, and for those who were concerned,the chrome Waldos were on the shakos last night. :)

Keep pushing, Boston!

Boston should start to surge within the next week to 10 days. Clarity is that great show's friend.

Another unfortunate thing... for the eastern 3... is that this spread looks more compatible with what BD and Cadets had a couple nights ago... making the first BD / Coats meeting look like the outlier. These caption spreads look more like the most recent Cadets / Bluecoats spreads in relationship to the BD / Cadets spreads.

They really need to be at the same show to know what gaps are. I agree last night's panel found Bluecoats more entertaining than deep in content, but as you saw before, that could change the next show. There have been recent seasons where the ultimate winner was 2 points back at this point in the season and vice versa. Don't stress too much and enjoy your corps great season. It's not easy as you climb towards the top. Ask BD, Cadets and Crown..

I saw this coming based on who was judging at the last show and who was judging tonight. I didn't want to say anything to burst everyone's bubble and excitement, but at Fort Wayne you had half the panel that were new judges who I never saw in previous years. Tonight it was a veteran group of judges. They tend to look at things differently than someone who is new to the ranks. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I leave that up to you to debate. I've just seen this happened in so many many seasons since my involvement in the activity. It is what it is. It's difficult to read into scores and I'm sure the margin will shrink. Tomorrow is a new day to get better!

Does not do much to lend trust as a educator then if only old hats are able to give reads - we watch shows and see a mess of things and messages and veteran judges are able to see through it all I quess. I give them mad props for that ability.

My personal problem (among so many others) is I keep getting GE mixed up with entertaining. I have to stop connecting the two.