TOC - Warrensburg MO

This will be my first live show of the season so am very excited. Taking someone who has never been to a show. I have already 'splained to my guest that I will be blooing not booing.

• Like 1

Yeah, they go with this "everyone is a winner, let's give everyone a chance to go on later" mentality. I get it, but in practice it's flawed. More difficult for the judges to make side by side comparison of corps in close races, for one.

Isn't that a problem in it's own right? Why should the judges be comparing a corps to other performances, rather than a set of criteria?

• Like 1

Tonight's the first night the top 7 all meet up for the first time!

this should be a great show! It will be the last one for Cadets without the uniform changes, Cavaliers seem to have some real momentum & I bet BD will throw it down with several corps hot on their heels.

Isn't that a problem in it's own right? Why should the judges be comparing a corps to other performances, rather than a set of criteria?

It's also about spreads, not solely raw scores. That's why they have to compare everyone to each other.

It's also about spreads, not solely raw scores. That's why they have to compare everyone to each other.

Obviously that's what they do, but are they actually supposed to do that, given the sheets? (I have no idea, hence why asking).

Edited by frachel