DCI Denton

The huge disagreements in scores between both GE judges is a bit worrisome... I feel like Fugett is appropriately taking crowd response and overall appeal into account compared to the other judge who seems to be judging GE just like it's been judged for a while.

Considering that DCI gave GE judges the liberty to judge more like an audience member, I'm happy with what Fugett is doing.

• Like 1

Since I don't think the full list of scores has been posted here yet:

1. 88.35 -- Carolina Crown

2. 87.85 -- Bluecoats

3. 87.35 -- Santa Clara Vanguard

4. 85.45 -- Cavaliers

5. 74.10 -- Oregon Crusaders

5. 74.10 -- Academy

7. 73.90 -- Pacific Crest

8. 72.25 -- Mandarins

9. 69.00 -- Jersey Surf

10. 67.50 -- Cascades

11. 64.40 -- Pioneer

Recap

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Man, 2nd to last in guard for Oregon? That killed them.

The other night in Wichita OC's guard was 4th. What gives? Why such a HUGE jump for Academy? Big jump for OC though too. Academy must have put on the show of their summer so far.

The other night in Wichita OC's guard was 4th. What gives? Why such a HUGE jump for Academy? Big jump for OC though too. Academy must have put on the show of their summer so far.

It happens, could have been an off night too. I'm sure they're fine!

Also take a look at Crown's visual scores. HUGE gap between perf and rep. They need to clean clean clean that show and they'll see both their visual and general effect rise. Don't count Crown out just yet!

Not sure who mr Fugett is. But he knows how to judge GE.

#6words

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same judge Bloo fans wanted to crucify for giving Bloo a low percussion score a few nights ago? Interesting. Random show thoughts:

- Oregon Crusaders are breaking into WC in a big way. Wow I love that show.

- As for the Crown visual scores, I saw WAY more visual dirt in Bloos show (and some iffy releases). If Crown is down to Bloo in vis at all they have a lot to worry about at this point.

- If Bloo can do more balancing on the inner voices of the ballad, that will be one for the ages.

- I'm also unsure of this: how does the Crown guard score work? I saw the weapons dance from the muffler feature all the way to end of the ballad with weird modern dance moves. The flags were pushed backfield throughout that part. How is this box 5?

- Despite score, SCV is certainly gunning for a top spot with their improvements made.

- Take music scores with a grain of salt for all corps tonight. The weather and conditions caused some noticeable tears in pretty much every corps.

- The show was fantastic and I'm glad all corps took the necessary safety precautions (crown guard without masks, less jumps from Bloos props, more careful placing of props) to make sure all members are ok.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight
  • Like 4

@TheShadeOfNight

Crowns weapons don't all dance at the muffler feature there are some sabres in the back field. Second not one person dances from the muffler section to the end of the ballad they all spin either sabre or flag at some point during that section.

How Crowns guard is achieving Box 5 is simple - the work that is given to them is at a high level compared to most of there competitors and they are achieving what's given to them and applying the technique. Just like many of there other competitors who are also achieving box 5

Not sure who mr Fugett is. But he knows how to judge GE.

#6words

Ahh... Fugett about it...

Also take a look at Crown's visual scores. HUGE gap between perf and rep. They need to clean clean clean that show and they'll see both their visual and general effect rise. Don't count Crown out just yet!

Crown has a LOT of visual dirt to clean up. Hope they are able to do it!