Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

That was the answer I anticipated.

then why post what ya did??????

On a lighter note ,the weather for tomorrow night show should be perfect around 24 celious party cloudy .Great for the corps and the guests hope everyone enjoys .May all corps put out a great performace .

I guess either you didn't read mine ,or don't consider it a real answer ? either way this beats playing tic .tac .toe LOL

As interesting as the Bucs/Cabs battle is, the Fusion situation is the most interesting to me. They have put together a very entertaining show. But the question in my mind revolves around the content of the design. Is there enough in terms of depth of program? I'm not sure. It doesn't have the layering and nuance the teams above them have, and while the musical book is fairly challenging, the visual program really isn't. That's not necessarily a bad thing...Fusion has a golden opportunity to clean to a degree we rarely see in DCA. I suspect that's what they are going for. They are also challenging the conventional wisdom of "harder is better", which I agree with and support 100%.

On a related note, Fusion is in what for me is Year 3 of their growth as a drum corps. I like that they aren't trying to run with Bucs/Cabs/Minnesota in terms of individual performer demand. You have to build to that point, and Fusion is looking at the long ball...building slowly and smartly over time. Sure, that may mean they have a competitive ceiling this year, but it really sets them up well for next year and beyond. What Cabs have done over the last four or five year sis what a successful long-term plan of action looks like.

Also it's prudent for them to do what they do when one is undergunned size-wise in brass. They have a sound signature of a hornline larger than they actually are. If they were to stretch challenge-wise and physically on the field, it'd be really counterproductive. Better off performing with quality, having the crowd behind you, and taking satisfaction in doing something really well as a corps.

They're kinda like the old USS Constitution- 44 guns that could throw a broadside most 64 gun ships of that era would dream of shooting.

• Like 3

I guess either you didn't read mine ,or don't consider it a real answer ? either way this beats playing tic .tac .toe LOL

Cab "honks" definitely get a tad perturbed when someone picks their corps in second place....

Cab "honks" definitely get a tad perturbed when someone picks their corps in second place....

HONK HONK HONK IF YOU CAN"T DRIVE THAT CAR GET THE HELL OFF THE ROAD

For the record i never get perturbed ,i leave that to guys like you

Had hoped for an actual answer. I guess I'll just have to keep hoping! I didn't actually think I'd get a real one though. But I hoped.

bugle band is entertainment. we can have a thread like this and not be all serious. NOBODY knows who's gonna win or takes what place. even if ya went to last weeks show. we have threads about the show's where it actually took place. that's when you get serious. if ya can't see that then i feel very sorry for you . in that vain i will say the Venusian's will win and the plutonions will take 2nd. after that it's between the little green men , the saturnians and the uranians.