San Antonio Regional

I can. They pulled a Cadets 2006 this year. Too too much... Biggest design failure of the season. This one is TOTALLY on the staff.

I agree. Said it first viewing. A bit too much ego in the show design. Self-editing gets tougher as all your own ideas become reinforced as "brilliant"

Same exact thing happened to Cadets in 2006 and also Cadets 1986 is another PRIME example

• Like 3

BK beat Phantom in Music and Visual (including Drums), but lost in GE. I clearly don't understand GE at all.

Will always love crown but I don't think they will medal this year. Too many good shows and I think they've bit off more than they can chew with this show. Seems like it'll be a dogfight between Cadets, Bloo, and BD the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Interesting night, setting up a heck of a last three weeks. My takeaways -

Big gap between 12 and 13. Will the battle for 12th everyone expected actually happen? Not sure after watching the show tonight.

I figured Madison would lose big to Blue Stars in color guard, but how about losing to them in brass? Well, for at least one night, the best drum corps in Wisconsin is once again from La Crosse.

It seems pretty likely Blue Knights will pass Phantom.

Crown should be very concerned. Other than first across the board in brass, all other captions were mainly 4, 5 or 6 (with just a couple 3s and, gasp, a couple 7s). There problem is across the board.

No one, this year, is going to beat Blue Devils.

• Like 1

Who is Sibilski? He/she had BK 11th in GE, behind BAC, Blue Stars, and Madison.

I agree. Said it first viewing. A bit too much ego in the show design. Self-editing gets tougher as all your own ideas become reinforced as "brilliant"

Same exact thing happened to Cadets in 2006 and also Cadets 1986 is another PRIME example

general theory with success is do something similar, so they tried. i'd heard pieces of the show way back in, uh, January, and it seemed to be a great idea. space. Amin Bhatia music. but the whole thing together was not as scintillating as 2013. super impressive execution in the music, but the GE is not anything like the phil glass adaptation...

No one, this year, is going to beat Blue Devils.

eh- I actually think Cadets will either beat or be within a third of a point next weekend / they've been closing in and have much to add, and I felt they had a very flat and at times sloppy (for Cadets) run tonight

• Like 1

I can. They pulled a Cadets 2006 this year. Too too much... Biggest design failure of the season. This one is TOTALLY on the staff.

I don't know if I'd call it a "failure." Personally I would say Madison Scouts is a failure, given the outstanding source material they had that really kind of goes nowhere thanks to weak arrangements and a lame visual program. Crown is at least trying something new and innovative that either they haven't figured out how to max out effect, or just plain doesn't work for this medium. I will always appreciate and applaud an interesting "failure" like this, though of course fifth is not necessarily a failure (and it's still early). I think of anyone in the Top 5 they have the most room to improve both design & execution and could still contend for a medal (though it will be TOUGH, especially to get past Bluecoats). Crown is only a little bit behind SCV at this point, and I think with a better run they could've probably squeaked out a win. I wouldn't be surprised either way, and they seem to have a big enough gap that they'll only need to focus on moving up instead of watching their back and getting passed

• Like 1