Fan Reactions to Bluecoats "Pitch Bend" Ending 2014

It's pretty hard to miss the crowds reaction to this part of their show. It was nice to see Bluecoats move up as the season progressed instead of down like several of your other post suggested.

"Where" as in "Where did you post that video".

Well, we were in row 21, between the 10 and 15, and it was pretty strong. Not as loud (on the synth) as if we were in the middle, but the horns had very nice impact.

depending on what section one sits there its hard to tell any reaction sometimes. Like top their has no idea sometimes how loud it was on bottom BUT , It sure was thunderous for sure, it felt like the building was shaking from the field

It would have been far more exciting and emotional had it been performed solely by the hornline.

• Like 1

It would have been far more exciting and emotional had it been performed solely by the hornline.

I would have loved to see them do it as portamento as well, but that's a very advanced skill that they'd have had to have been working on since Day One. It's unfortunate that the idea of the bend, according to the corps, wasn't added until late in the winter program. At that point, sequencing was the only way to go.

If they had done it for real, it likely would have meant at least a tenth or two on the brass, music analysis and effect sheets.

Edited by Kamarag

look pretty darn exciting to me and the audience, thunderous applause and great effect no matter where it came from

You want to hear exciting, listen to some old (likely current) BD pre-show parking lot warm-ups. Pitch bending at its finest.

The part during the awards ceremony after all the scores were announced the the Bluecoats "BLOOOOOOOOOED" with the crowd.

That was awesome.. I just saw it on the awards replay.

I still have the biggest smile on the face when I watch that show.

You know, the ending itself has stopped giving me goosebumps 'cause I've watched it so much, but I'm not sure I'll ever stop getting goosebumps watching people react to it. This is like '89 Music of the Night level goosebumps for me. #OrangeIsTheNewBloo