Allentown performance order Fri and SatResults from the July 26 DCI So

Quite frankly, I don't see it as an advantage or disadvantage. I have yet to see any convincing evidence that draw screwed or boosted anyone, ever, in the placements. People love to have something to get worked up over, (especially when there is already an underlying paranoia that their team won't do as good as they want.)

OC this past weekend?

OC this past weekend?

The problem is, for you to be right, you have to prove it wasn't performance related, either on OC's end, or another corps stepping it up. The reason I don't buy into it based on the uncommon coincidental "someone dropped and their draw sucked" logic, is that if draw really had that kind of impact you would see placements at regionals shuffle on a much more consistent basis based on draw.

Someone please clarify. For the unusual Allentown format, do the same people who judge their caption Friday night then return on Saturday night and judge the same caption again?

yes

The problem is, for you to be right, you have to prove it wasn't performance related, either on OC's end, or another corps stepping it up. The reason I don't buy into it based on the uncommon coincidental "someone dropped and their draw sucked" logic, is that if draw really had that kind of impact you would see placements at regionals shuffle on a much more consistent basis based on draw.

Nobody can ever PROVE anything. It's all semantics. But you'd have to be naive to not even consider that slots have no impact. Otherwise, everything in this activity would be purely random, and it's not. Corps directors choose to have this slotted, tiered system for a reason. Not because they want everyone else to win. They want the best chance of competitive success for themselves.

Nobody can ever PROVE anything. It's all semantics. But you'd have to be naive to not even consider that slots have no impact. Otherwise, everything in this activity would be purely random, and it's not. Corps directors choose to have this slotted, tiered system for a reason. Not because they want everyone else to win. They want the best chance of competitive success for themselves.

I have considered that slots have no impact. :cool:

No matter what people say, there is some slotting. you have to leave room for others. if you judge a corps too high, then another corps comes in and surprises you based on performance, you run out of head room. It is psychological, but none the less, I think it is there. Maybe (I hope) I am wrong.

No matter what people say, there is some slotting. you have to leave room for others. if you judge a corps too high, then another corps comes in and surprises you based on performance, you run out of head room. It is psychological, but none the less, I think it is there. Maybe (I hope) I am wrong.

I agree, but I would argue this results much more in fluctuation in scores and spreads than in actual placement.

Working on a schedule with the rehearsal sites for Allentown. Anyone that can help me fill in the blanks would be appreciated. I still need the follwoing corps rehearsal sites.

Pioneer

Cascades

Oregon Crusaders

Pacific Crest

Colts

Blue Knights

Santa Clara Vanguard

Defenders

Cadets 2

Mandarins

The Academy

The Cadets

From what I know, Blue Knights will be at Whitehall HS

Working on a schedule with the rehearsal sites for Allentown. Anyone that can help me fill in the blanks would be appreciated. I still need the follwoing corps rehearsal sites.

Pioneer...St Clair PA up route 61

Cascades

Oregon Crusaders

Pacific Crest

Colts

Blue Knights

Santa Clara Vanguard...Pottsvile HS

Defenders

Cadets 2 most likely South Mountain Middle School in Allentown

Mandarins

The Academy

The Cadets